Presidential II

<p>Hello! As it gets close to housing selection time, I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions about the Presidential Village suites.</p>

<ul>
<li>After finding perfect non-honors roommates, I decided not to live in honors housing although I am in the honors college. Will I be missing out on anything by not living in that community?</li>
<li>Does the floor or room I choose within the complex make a difference? I have the earliest time slot, so I’m assuming there will be a lot of options. Is living on a floor with the laundry room more convenient or annoying (loud)? </li>
<li>I know Presidential is the farthest away from a lot of things on campus, especially sorority row. Is the walk really going to be unbearable, or just a slight inconvenience? I don’t mind walking in general, but will it be a problem getting there everyday? </li>
</ul>

<p>Thanks so much!</p>

<p>You will find Honors students in all dorm situations - some prefer to live in non-honors housing, and some just ended up that way. My S lives in non-honors by choice - he doesn’t (and I don’t) think he is missing out on anything at all. My S’s roommate chose a ground-level room during selection time, and we parents sure love the convenience on move-in/-out days! And I think the boys enjoy the easy quick access, too, living on the ground floor. Living furthest away and having to walk is a good thing to control the weight! :wink: Many music students do this every day, as they have to get to the far south-end of campus. Your other options (for non-honors) would include Riverside, which will save you about 3-4 minutes walking time? That’s great that you have found roommates! Good luck w/ selection.</p>

<p>I have been in Presidential 1. It is a HUGE building. There is a nice meeting room with a kitchen on the 7th floor.
It isn’t much further from the action than Ridgecrest East or West. Take a look at the campus map to see where the Pres1 or 2 is from your classes. The Crimson Ride bus comes through the area if you want to use it.</p>

<p>My D always appreciated being on the floor with the laundry room or the kitchen. She doesn’t live in Pres 1 though. Good luck with your search! </p>

My DS will be selecting his dorm in a couple of weeks and he had the same questions. He wants to live in PV but doesn’t know what floor would be better. Any suggestions on the floors?

I’ve lived in both PVs. My favorite floor would be 7 on PV1 preferably in the back of the building. You can see the river and that’s the floor with the kitchen. But honestly all the rooms are great!

In PV 1 would you recommend a 2 or 4 person suite?

Thanks bamagirl18!