Presidential village urgent question

<p>So I just switched from a nice room in Ridgecrest South to room 308 in presidential village for reasons that are a long story! My concern is that this room full cleared out for no reason-- is there something wrong with it?! It’s on the laundry floor, is it right next to it and all you can hear?? If I need to switch back I need to do so by tonight so let me know if you have any information on it!!!</p>

<p>Most of us don’t know where various numbered rooms are. There may have been some rooms held back for each sign up time.</p>

<p>Do you want to be in a nonhonors dorm?</p>

<p>Well I would prefer honors but if there is absolutely no difference in the dorms (except presidential seems to actually be nicer), what would be the benefit of living in an ‘honors’ dorm?</p>

<p>I think the hum of the dryers would be great white noise.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>The honors dorms are a bit closer to the quad, the Strip, Lakeside Dining, the stadium, Publix and other places that students tend to go often. </p>

<p>It used to be that if you wanted to stay in the dorms you could if you were in an honors dorm, because it was a living learning community, but that benefit seems to have fallen by the wayside this year. Maybe with Presidential II opening next fall and providing extra dorm space things will change back to how they were.</p>

<p>The honors dorms <em>might</em> be a little quieter. No guarantees, and it only takes one person making a racket to destroy the peace, and that can happen anywhere. That said, my D was in Ridgecrest West this year and it was very quiet.</p>

<p>All of the honors dorms are nice, IMO. Presidential is the newest dorm, but all of the suite-style dorms on the north end of campus are quite nice and have been well maintained.</p>