Presidential Village or Ridgecrest at Lakeside for my Freshman son

<p>I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on which would be the best place to live for my freshman son. He will be taking core classes and will probably be pledging a fraternity. I know that the new Presidential Village will be the newest and probably the nicest, but I want him to get to class on time etc. :)</p>

<p>Presidential Village is NOT honors, if that matters to you.</p>

<p>For someone who’s pledging, etc, it would be the furthest away from campus and Houses.</p>

<p>Presidential Village is pretty much the furthest away from everything… like, the extreme north side of campus. </p>

<p>Riverside is probably best if he’s taking engineering classes, but otherwise he’ll likely be either spread out or generally around the quad, so I’d recommend Lakeside or Ridgecrest. I live in Ridgecrest South, and I’m only six minutes from ten Hoor (the humanities building) and the English buildings. Lakeside has the biggest common rooms though (Ridgecrest South has the smallest and the least amount of common hall space – like, we don’t have study rooms or anything). Ultimately, it doesn’t matter a whole heck of a lot (something I didn’t realize before I got here), though I will give Ridgecrest South points for proximity to my humanities classes and the parking.</p>