Princeton University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

I totally agree with you on this. What you said well and I should have said in my prior reply was that the interviews are almost always a great opportunity for the student to ask about what life at Princeton is like, how the alumni network works, how they picked their major etc etc. That’s a very important part of the interview for all the ones I have done over 20 years now.

Hmmm… not sure I made myself clear. Here goes again. It seems like a waste of time for both the interviewers and the interviewees, if the purpose was to engage the alumni and serve very little purpose for the decision. There are so many other ways to engage these past graduates. Likewise, there are so many ways to learn about first-hand experience at Princeton.

But anyway, I’m not sure what the purpose was and how much it matters. The risk seems not small, precisely as you pointed out: the applicants could say something that hurts their case, unknowingly.

1 Like

What region are you from? I am from Texas- Temple area. My friend from Dallas got it. But a couple of my classmates who are Princeton EA also did not get the interview. Since we are from the same region it is giving me hope.

From New Jersey

I did not hear yet! I heard there were students who got admitted without one. Good luck to you!

Was this decision date of Dec. 16 officially announced somewhere?

I think the interview gives our seniors a great opportunity to learn about Princeton and practice their interviewing skills! So why not? It is a learning experience!

3 Likes

Has Princeton announced when EA decisions will come out?

2 Likes

Ok so last years was December 16th but my son says they usually announce on a Thursday so he is betting for December 15th.

4 Likes

Don’t all the ivies do this type of thing on the same day? Cornell has set it for Dec. 15 (per their website), and so has apparently Penn and Columbia. Yale Dec. 15th as well it sounds like.

https://admissions.cornell.edu/news/important-information-regarding-admission-decision-notification-2

6 Likes

When will they notify ?

12/15/2022, 5pm EST

Jess_W,
Are you saying that Princeton’s REAC decisions will be available on 12/15/2022, 5pm EST?

Oops, I meant SCEA

Just got an email from Princeton to view SCEA decision on December 15 7 pm on a link provided .Hope everyone got it …can you guys please check

6 Likes

DD just received an email stating the decision for SCEA will be released 12/15 after 7pm ET.

4 Likes

Did anybody else get the email and with it came a blog post of the dean. Did you guys also get the blog post of the dean

1 Like

We all got the same email with the Blogpost linked with it.

1 Like

So - curious about this thread. The 2023 Princeton SCEA community seems fairly small compared to, say, Yale which has 400+ comments. Is Princeton SCEA typically quiet? Or is it just that Yale has a larger EA applicant pool?

I guess it is just the personality. Some people like to write and be involoved. Others are more quiet kind. Right now I guess everybody is just quiet in anticipation of the results. Wishing everyone luck !!

5 Likes