PSA - Fall "transfer" 2020 - Updates, Q/A, Information

Once your student returns after the break, A&M will send them an email verifying the steps they need to take for the transition. There is a spot (maybe in the essay space) in which the student will type in something like “I am participating in PSA.” The email will include a specific list of steps and specific instructions to make it very easy.

@JaceyK and @2xAggieMom thanks for the information. My son is also being lazy about applying which is surprising me because now he is so determined to get there. Drives me crazy! TAMUCC has way too long of a break!

Does the AIS expire for PSA students? Son tried to log in today to check status of documents (transcripts, etc.) sent to A&M and it says his credentials are no longer valid?

Correct. They do expire. No access til he applies again.

I know that with PSA you do not have to submit an essay, but if I were to apply for scholarships, would I still write Essay A? Thanks!

What apartments are your PSA students looking at?

We’ve toured 5 properties with our daughter over the break. Daughter really likes North Point & The Barracks. Yet The Barracks is far from campus and traffic is miserable on Wellborn yet she’ll ride bus wherever she lands. Might seriously consider purchasing a townhome there for jr/sr years but daughter is looking to live closer to campus. Also toured The Junction(weird floorplans and small rooms- not impressed) & Cherry Street Apts (very nice, but 1-2 bedroom only with limited amenities) and Park West (reasonably priced but huge huge living complex. Park West is super close to campus but no surrounding retail like North Point has. I’m from BCS and we have vacay rental home there, but we are impressed with the student living options within walking distance to campus. If anyone is also looking at North Point and needs a roomie, my daughter would like to know. Delivering what information I can share with PSA parents starting the fall 2020 leasing search. Gig’em.

My daughter lived in north point her sophomore year. High priced and noisy. She was not a fan. She said it sounded like elephants on top of her all of the time. Just FYI

All off campus living is close. May not be walking distance, but close nonetheless. Distance really isn’t a thing here but yes traffic can be a pain on 2818.

My daughter (who is currently at TAMU) and son signed a lease on a house rental off of George Bush drive. To say that they are excited is an understatement. :slight_smile:

At this point we are almost 100% committed to Park West Flats. It looks like a good fit for both our son and his roommate. We are also looking into a an investment property for Junior and Senior year.

@2xAggieMom you are saying to wait to reapply until after the break when they get the email with instructions from TAMUCS?

??‍♀️He just checked email again and he has had the email since the middle of December. It does have detailed instructions.

The Fall 2020 transfer application period for Texas A&M University will open January 1, 2020. The deadline for submitting the application is March 1, 2020. To complete your transition to our flagship campus in College Station, you will need to complete the following steps:

Submit a transfer application to Texas A&M University at College Station through ApplyTexas.

Check “yes” to the question which asks, “Are you applying under the Program for System Admission?”

If you apply under the PSA, you are not required to pay the application fee. Check the “fee waiver” option.

If you apply under the PSA, you are not required to submit an essay. You may need to enter a line of text in the essay box to allow the application to continue. Sample text: “Applying under PSA”.

Provide official transcripts to TAMU from all previous colleges or universities attended. This includes dual credit taken in high school. Transcripts are not automatically sent by the institution. You will be responsible for requesting the transcripts from the institutions.

Provide a transcript from your current school with final grades included upon completion of your Spring 2020 semester. Transcript must be received by June 1, 2020.

Hard copies of transcripts can be mailed to the following address:

TRANSFER Admissions Processing
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 40003
College Station, TX 77842-4003

TAMU can also accept electronic transcripts through SPEEDE, eSCRIP-SAFE, Parchment, or National Student Clearinghouse. If requested, please list admissions@tamu.edu as the e-mail recipient.

To qualify for automatic admission under PSA, you must:

Complete 24 credit hours at the TAMU system institution you are attending.
Have a 3.0 GPA or higher (3.25 for Engineering majors) at the system institution.

Have a 3.0 GPA or higher cumulative GPA (from all schools attended including dual credit).

Complete all coursework in the bolded “Required Coursework” section of your major’s PSA Degree Plan.

Submit all required documents by the deadlines listed above.

If you are concerned that by the end of the Spring 2020 semester you will not meet one or more of the PSA requirements listed above, you can still apply to be considered as a regular competitive transfer student. Here are the steps to be considered:

Submit an application by March 1, 2020.
Pay the $75 ApplyTexas application fee.
Submit the essay (Statement of Purpose).
Provide all transcripts including dual credit and the fall semester grades from the system institution.

Submit all above documents by March 1, 2020.

Any concerns or questions about this process can be referred to the counselors at the Aggieland Prospective Student Center at: (979) 458-0950 or at one of our regional PSC’s.

@AggieMomhelp Howdy! I am a sophomore at Blinn and i have applied to A&M for Mechanical engineering and second choice major is construction science. My GPA is a 3.78 and I have fulfilled all the required classes except for physics 2(in progress). I got a B in chem 1 and an A in chem 2, an A in cal 2 and my hs credit transferred for cal 1. I got an A in physics 1 as well. I applied on January 1st but my transcripts are still being sent. I have 37 credit hours. If you could give your opinion on my chances on getting in that would be much appreciated. Thanks and gig 'em!

I think you have an excellent chance. If you don’t get engineering i am certain construction science would love to have you. And it’s an amazing program like engineering. Great success rate for job placement! Keep me posted and keep working hard this semester. !!!

Thank you so much, will do!

I just remembered some advice for PSA students who are at Tarleton- Last year, when my son was completing his transfer to A&M from Tarleton, he went in (in person because I SO wanted everything done right) to request the final transcript be sent to A&M and we discovered that Tarleton uses an electronic means that is not accepted by A&M. The final transcripts must be sent snail mail. We put in the request for them to mail as soon as grades were posted and then checked a couple of times to make sure that they were sent quickly. It took a couple of days for A&M to get them but everything was fine. It still takes A&M about a month to process them. I believe the other system schools are able to send the spring grades electronically.

@alexmitchell619 my son’s major is construction science. however, he’s become very interested in concrete. not sure where that will lead or how it will impact his major. he’s researching options.

anyway, good luck with your transfer!

@JaceyK @tisulli @OMGdontblink @daleNchip & everyone else too!
OK I think I may have stumbled across another hurdle for us PSA parents to potentially endure :wink:

TAMU have a 3rd party company (Med+Proctor)they use for meningitis vaccine verification. Your student has to register online/create a portal with this company & can only do so ONCE they have received OFFICIAL admission in TAMU AND have a school email address. Vaccine verification is done thru Med+Proctor and they liase all info thru that school email account. You can’t sign up for classes at NSC until you have been verified thru Med+Proctor and they suggest you need 4 weeks before your scheduled NSC date to get all your immunization ducks in a row. TAMU website does suggest -

"Newly admitted students who have not provided documentation will have a meningitis deficiency hold placed on their account. The hold will be removed once the appropriate immunization documentation has been provided to Texas A&M.

The meningitis deficiency hold will prevent you from checking in to your NSC and registering for classes, so it is imperative you fulfill this requirement two weeks prior to arriving at your NSC."

Transfer students have set dates for NSC and I’m just thinking if we don’t get official TAMU confirmation til end of May/mid June only then can we get started on this Med+Proctor bandwagon. I know that final Spring grades at TAMUCC won’t be released until 19th May ( we had a late start to Spring semester - after MLK Day) so time will be rolling along. SO by the time you factor in 2-4 weeks for immunization verification, the very earliest NSC we could sign up (& be vaccine compliant) would be July 9-10 or the final one Aug 12-13 (just before Fall semester Howdy kick off really.) Some of you may be fortunate to finish Spring semester/have final grades available earlier and make the June 25-26 dates?
Here are the links - it’s definitely worth watching the Med+Proctor video
http://newaggie.tamu.edu/requirements
http://medproctor.com
If I’m over thinking any of this or you see another way around this please do share :slight_smile:

@Scotsfi my daughter who transferred to TAMU Spring 2019 didn’t have any issues. She didn’t get her acceptance until very last minute (week after Thanksgiving). I wonder if immunization verifications are transferable? Seems like such a simple thing to include with transcript. I dunno - we will see - good to bring this up and add to our checklists though.