3.81 GPA
Applying for Mays
Major in Finance
A’s in all required courses
A in recommended course (MGMT 211)
A.A Business Admin.
Certificate of Proficiency in Business Leadership
All A’s except for 2 C’s one in ENGL 103 and BCIS 1405 from Spring 2015

Applied last year got accepted, but due to funding could not attend and rejected the acceptance. Re-applying for 2020.

I am planning on transferring into the school of public health under biology. I have a 3.25 and will have over 45 credible hours as of right. does anyone know what my chances would be. I will have the course work needed to transfer completed after this semester. FINGERS CROSSED!!

81 Credit hours

@ZachRPubHealth I think you will be okay. I know that America is really short on Doctors so in my personal opinion I feel like any major that could lead to Medical/Research will be not too terrible to get into. High Demand, not high Supply

@doriangray Do you know if I were to apply to TAMU for the spring semester and not get in am I allowed to apply for the fall?

@ZachRPubHealth yes you can reapply. And I would apply for summer not fall. Betters your chances.

@AggieMomhelp If I get in in the summer will I automatically be able to register for fall?

@ZachRPubHealth Ooh, that’s a good question. I mean you’d have to go to new student conference first and then you’d probably register. Let me ask a friend of mine. She started her 2nd year this past summer as a transfer from Blinn. I’ll get back to ya.

@ZachRPubHealth I talked to my friend. She said she registered for both summer session and fall during her NSC in May (so right before she started).

And don’t worry about there being enough classes to take for the fall. It all works out!

So, if I apply for the summer and not the fall I will have a better chance or getting in. Then I will have to take a bunch of summer classes. Well I’m not sure what the new student conference is. If I get accepted into the summer I will be in for fall?

Not sure I understand your question. But I’ll try to answer. If you get accepted into summer, you’ll take a summer class. I don’t know if you have to take 2 or just one. Give admissions a call and ask. Let us know the answer to that. 2nd yes it is better to apply to summer than fall. Fewer people applying… makes sense right? And of course If you are in for summer, you register for your fall classes as well (before you start). Clear or no? Lol let me know. I know it’s confusing. And text does not make it easier.

@AggieMomhelp I have a good job that allows me to study while getting paid. I stay with my parents so living expenses are cheap, they can’t help me financially when I move out. I plan on transferring to Mays for Fall 2020 and was wondering if I could take any or all of my classes here at home, so I can keep my job and just be financially better off. Do you know if this is possible? Even if this saves me just for a semester it would still save me a lot of money from housing, food, and loss of a job. I took my entire Associates degree online and did this. It worked out great and saved me a bunch of money. Thanks for any help.

Mays is on campus only. They do not offer online as far as I know. Not for undergrad. If you have core classes or electives then those could be done but once you’re accepted you have to follow mays degree plan (not class per class but you can’t be a “closet” major.

What is used by A&M in calculating transfer GPA? Is it only courses you’ve taken at other institutions that A&M accepts as transfer courses? i.e. my daughter is taking Finite Math at Indiana U this fall and that particular course doesn’t transfer to A&M. We’re not sure if A&M will count that as part of her GPA, or if they will ignore it.

Finite math should transfer… does it have trans XXXXX ? If so, then it transfers but may not have an equivalent. Still factored into GPA. IF course doesn’t come over at all, then it’s not factored in and credits are lost.

The one she is taking when entered into the A&M transfer equivalency site says “NTRN” since Fall 2015.

It may still transfer. Wait until degree audit. We thought my daughters 1 hour credit at OSU wouldn’t transfer based on equivalency, but it did. They put it in elective. So you just really won’t know for sure until audit is in. But if it doesn’t transfer, then no, they can’t add it into gpa.

@AggieMomhelp do you know if DD applies for Summer vs Fall 2020:

1- can she take an online class vs campus so she can come home and do a planned internship with a NeuroPsychologist in Dallas.
2- can she still attend the Transfer Student Camp (Like Fish Camp) even though she would have started already?

My niece actually ran T camp (like the entire thing) last year. I will ask about that. And yes, any Tamu class will count as taking acceptance for
Summer. It just whether or not what she wants is offered online during the summer. I do not know if she needs to take 6 credits or if 3 is okay for a summer session.

Yes you can start in summer and still attend T camp as a transfer in August.