Public Relations

<p>How is the public relations program at UM? Are you required to double major?</p>

<p>I am a current PR major. You ARE required to double major- the link I provided has a list of all the different majors you can choose from the College of Arts and Sciences (Find the form that says Decleration of the 2nd major it is a PDF file) I am an English Lit. and PR double major. I also am a transfer student and I have to say this school is MUCH better than my last at preparing you for the real world. </p>

<p>[University</a> of Miami School of Communication - Academic Services Forms](<a href=“http://com.miami.edu/soc-forms]University”>http://com.miami.edu/soc-forms)</p>

<p>Thanx. I’m thinking about transferring here for Fall of '13, I’m a freshman right now and UM is my top choice. Would you say that the PR classes are challenging?</p>

<p>Anybody else have any input on this?</p>

<p>I would say it is totally worth it. I cannot be happier since I have transferred here. Students are kinda hit and miss but if you love diversity Miami is the place to be. Never have I seen so many different types of students it is really worth it. The stereotypes about flashy students IS true, I came from a small school in NJ where I thought kids were a little too spoiled but it is out of control here. It gets annoying real fast let me tell you that I get annoyed when people like to “talk down” on me because I do not drive a $50000 dollar car. Sorry my parents dont spoil me to death. But I mean after the first few weeks I found a group of people I really like and it was 100% worth it and I do not regret my decision one bit.<br>
One thing I will say is never take no for an answer when it comes to your credits if you transfer. The minute you give up its over and a done deal don’t be afraid to be an annoyance! They are more than willing to be helpful.</p>

<p>Thanx for your advice on the credit thing, I thought it was a done deal if you didn’t have enough credits to transfer. I’m very used to flashy people, so hopefully that won’t be a huge problem even if they want to talk down on me, it’s whatever <em>shrugs</em>. I just hope I am able to find a pretty cool group of friends over there though. Anyways, nothing will stop me from wanting to apply to this school. I feel like Miami is a great city with a lot of diversity and the academics and connections that the school has is very beneficial to the students, and (+) Florida is definitely where I see myself living in the future so I think it will be a easy transition for me :). I usually don’t like to set my expectations too high but for some reason I have with this school. I just hope it actually does meet most of my expectations.</p>