Purdue Class of 2027 Official Thread

Got IN

4 Likes

Anyone from Seattle area here who got in Purdue ?

My son just found out he was accepted Purdue today for CS, after having being deferred. He was accepted UW direct admit last week. I’m from Indiana. Purdue is a GREAT school so congrats!

2 Likes

My son was just accepted too after being deferred during EA!

3 Likes

Accepted CS, RD OOS!! Does Purdue give merit? If so, does it come in the admit letter or after?

1 Like

In the past, Merit has always come in the acceptance letter. Need-based aid has come separately/later.

Merit requires EA application. I don’t know if deferred EA can get merit in RD, but it seems unlikely. (At least for University’s wide merit. There may be very limited school-specific scholarships that can come later).

1 Like

Ah ok, dang. Hopefully I can get enough financial aid to where it’s feasible to go.

1 Like

Son accepted (Engineering) after being deferred EA.

3 Likes

Son OOS accepted to rd engineering.

2 Likes

Congrats to all!!! Lots more RD acceptances than in years past. Wonder if this will be the new trend.

1 Like

I haven’t got my decision yet and I was deferred from EA. Does this mean I am most likely a reject? I’m an instate applicant

2 Likes

We’re in the same boat here, deferred from EA, nothing yet tonight. OOS, business. What major are you? I keep seeing a lot of CS and engineering tonight.

I would not assume that not having a decision means you were likely rejected, no.

2 Likes

My friend who’s OOS hasn’t received his decision yet either. I think he applied either CS or Biomed Engineering

1 Like

S23 Accepted CS
1540/4.0/4.6
OOS- Cali

2 Likes

Im a CS major so I kind of figured my chances were low already.

My D23 was deferred for Computer Engineering during EA and we haven’t got an update today. Were the EA deferred decisions that come out today all “Accepted”? Has anyone from EA deferred got a Waitlist or Reject so far, especially from School of Engineering?

Related question, is Purdue one of those schools that hold on to rejections until the very end? (Probably could tell by examining last year’s thread but I haven’t done that.)

Accepted: Artificial Intelligence Major (college of science)
1500/3.8/4.1
OOS - Cali

1 Like

We are in the same boat
This is truly a mental and psychological torture for kids and their families
if they made their decisions, why not release them all at once?!!

4 Likes