Purdue CS LOCI

My son was deferred last week for CS. The portal asks for a letter of continued interest. Any advice for how to go about it?

If Purdue is your son’s first choice, he should say so in the LOCI. It’s also the place where you can update the AO with any significant accomplishments or awards that have happened since submitting the application. Good luck to your son!

4 Likes

I would add that he would like to be considered for a spring or summer start in addition to being considered for the fall. There are a lot of new students who just arrived on campus. They even had their own orientation.

3 Likes

Thank you!

If it were my student, I would also tell him/her to share the letter with the guidance counselor or recommender and ask him/her to also reach out to Purdue attesting to the student’s commitment to attending Purdue in order to present a unified message.

3 Likes

My son also got deferred for FYE. The letter says that you can upload another letter of recommendation but how does he do that if his letters of recommendation go directly to the schools from Naviance. My understanding is that the students are not allowed to see the letters. Thanks!

Yes letters from school will go on Naviance. I guess another letter might mean from someone he knows like a mentor or a advisor/manager etc.