Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

And it’s never been there until this morning.

I just got that too.

My son has 7 links in that section. Are you sure about 6?

updates to courses
updates to test scores
change major
change academic term
update student info
update parent info
cancel your app

1 Like

I have all of those except change major.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it…

It says “Submit this form if you want to change the major you applied to. You may use this whether or not you have an admission decision.”

I also have change major and the rest.

Yes, my son doesn’t have “change major”. He applied “undeclared” and declined to select a second major, so perhaps that’s why.

Until this morning, he always had only:

updates to courses
updates to test scores
change academic term
update student info
update parent info

“cancel application” is a new link for him as of this morning

1 Like

I assume everyone else’s “change major” (inside the form) has their initial major box greyed out? I don’t remember if it was like that beforehand.

1 Like

Yes, FYE is greyed out

My daughter has same 7. But I thought “Cancel your app” was always there? I thought all 7 of these were always there? But can’t remember for sure.

For me, “cancel your app” was there and then disappeared, and then finally came back.

Clearly they’re tinkering with the portal, but I don’t think anything can be inferred :slight_smile: Hang in there!

4 Likes

My completely unfounded theory.

Change of major option - Admit
No change of major but cancel app - Deferred, WL
Neither - Denied

1 Like

That might be true, but I saw posts in last year’s thread that people had “change major” for weeks and weeks leading up to Jan 15th and my son’s never, ever had it. He’s “undeclared” and declined to choose a second major, so maybe that’s why. Who knows?

I don’t think anyone who applied undeclared is going to have a “Change of Major” option, regardless of admit, defer, or denied.

3 Likes

I thought this was always under, “Profile and Application Changes” menu. Probably, they are moving these items as separate tabs. Basically, they are trying to make changes to their UI. Don’t worry if these tabs are missing for you. Let us wait 5!

1 Like

That was the unspoken caveat to go with my unfounded theory :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have both change of major and cancel lol

2 Likes