Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

My son was deferred too. I’m beyond surprised.

It is a reject for S22 :frowning:… Very disappointed. I don’t understand. Applied for Mech Engg. 3.83(UW)/4.1 (WTD)/34 ACT/ 4 years FTC/ Good Course Rigor etc. Oh Well…

Congratulations to all those who were accepted!!

he has great stats. so crazy. i’m sure he’ll do well wherever he lands.

1 Like

Can you add your S22’s stats?

You might still have a chance. I think a lot of CS-accepted students here will choose other schools. They must have got accepted to schools with better ranking.

OOS admitted into UX Design. 34 ACT, 4.8 WGPA, Top 5 in class. He’s super excited to be a Boilermaker! Good luck to all those deferred!

6 Likes

Accepted FYE, OOS, 3.98GPA, 4.73 WGPA, 1460 SAT(ERW 670, MATH 790), 5 AP’s.

9 Likes

Facts! Agree with this

Admitted to CS.
SAT 1530
HS class 2%

7 Likes

Daughter-3.97w, 3.55 UW, 1320, OOS, mostly honors, 1AP major-Chemistry… accepted

7 Likes

D22 - Accepted as FYE. OOS, 1490, 4.0uw, 5.11w. 12 APs (completed 6, taking 6 this year – three 5s, two 4s and a 3). Ranked 20 out of 765. Offered Honors College and Presidential scholarship at $10K/yr. We are elated!

6 Likes

Does it say not admitted? How do you know if it’s deferred?

1 Like

It means they want to wait until the RD apps come in before deciding. I think Purdue wants to see if the 50% increase CS apps is a result of people applying EA vs. RD (or) a true increase across RD and EA.

I have no idea of UW. Schools does not calculate.

Does it say deferred on the letter? I am just curious to know as it says not admitted at this time on S letter.

1 Like

Yeah letter explicitly says deferred and Decision on March

Daughter accepted to College of Engineering with Honors College offering (Bio-Medical Engineering). She is super excited as acceptances till now have all been from Safeties and Purdue is one of her top choices. Personally i was looking for some merit scholarship as we will be paying OOS tuition, but didn’t get any.

OOS - GPA : UW 4.0, W 4.67 - 9 APs - SAT 1570 - Mock Trial Captain, Founded SWE at her school, 3 years of PLTW Engineering classes, FBLA School chapter co-president, 4 years of Choir, 3 + years of Hospital Volunteering, 3+ years of tutoring elementary school kids, great essays (in my “unbiased” opinion :wink: )

9 Likes

Thanks!

i got deferred from aerospace engineering

Bummer. Can you add stats to this thread?

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/purdue-fall-2022-deferred-from-ea