Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

My son 22 differed too… Don’t worry I am with you…

Just received the acceptance email. 1 hr 45 min after finding out through portal.

1 Like

Sorry to hear. Can you add stats to this thread?

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/purdue-fall-2022-deferred-from-ea

Daughter accepted to nursing program.

OOS, 4.0 unweighted/4.5 weighted, 34 ACT, ranked 21 out of 345. We were elated she made it into the direct admit nursing program … but sigh, no merit scholarship. Nothing. Not one cent :frowning:

Being OOS that just makes this financially out of reach (or at least not a smart financial decision). Thought for sure she’d at least get the Presidential.

7 Likes

If there were 50% more CS applications, what are we guessing the acceptance rate was? It’s literally insane they had that much of an increase.

D22 got accepted to BS Cybersecurity, Polytech, OOS, GPA 4.0 UW/36 ACT, $10k scholarship. She is beyond happy. Looking forward to our accepted students visit (I already signed up for one :slight_smile: )

8 Likes

Did your son only apply to FYE?

Someone else on this thread hypothesized that the increase might be a function of folks applying EA over RD. If that’s true, then the acceptance rates may not fall too much.

OOS accepted FYE (CompE). Acceptance letter says any financial aid will be awarded in early March. 1510, 3.97 UW, 12 AP’s including Chem, Physics, Calc BC.

Looks like a visit to the school will be in order. He has a friend who is there already, and has good things to say despite the overcrowded dorms.

6 Likes

My son did as well. I would love to hear others input on this program too.

1 Like

On the IBE program.

What does FYE stand for?

FYE= First Year Engineering

Looks like its an effort to replicate the Berkeley MET idea. In concept, it looks great.

Interesting, I had no idea there was a decent amount of people who applied RD and still had a shot at being accepted. I interpreted Purdue’s nursing, CS, (and whatever else is competitive) programs as ones that you had to apply EA to have a chance and that RD was like applying for a shot at the waitlist (like how Virginia Tech does admissions!)

I would think there is some truth to the displacement theory but I also think there has been greater interest in Purdue CS this year due to OOS schools becoming harder and folks from CA especially lining up Purdue as a viable option.

3 Likes

Yes Purdue has historically filled the majority of its class EA. CS, Nursing, pro flight usually fill the entire class EA. Students applying for RD aren’t eligible for merit awards or honors college.

There should not be a shift from EA from RD. It’s been this way foe the last four cycles.

2 Likes

I find it confusing the wide swath of admission stats depending on the major. I see these fantastic CS and Engineering stats then I see kids with low/mid 20’s on the ACT and marginal GPA’s getting in for different majors.

1 Like

Lol, got in. 1240 SAT, 3.12 Weighted GPA. (J.V Boys soccer Captain), 40+ hrs community service hours and six figure family income group.

3 Likes

Weird that they would be different. Can you past the text?

D’s says

If you have submitted a FAFSA, financial aid award notices will begin going out in early March. This notice will provide you directions to view your full financial aid offer online.