Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Mine says the same thing. Your daughter is CS too, right? I think 57special is FYE.

what major?

Dupe messageā€¦

My son got deferred for business. 3.6 GPA legacy parents. Will find out by March 31. Anyone know if decisions are rolling?

1 Like

Hey! my D got into HHS at Purdue. I dont see any mention of the scholarship in her admittance letter - not sure if we are looking in the right place.

Congrats to all the kids!

3 Likes

Sure. Iā€™m only talking about IBE which was started after 2020.

1 Like

Merit scholarships are apparently included in the admissions letter.

Need-based aid will come in early March.

(Edit- claimed above that a letter says merit aid comes later, so perhaps it varies/has changed from past years)

1 Like

Only for programs on the Closed list. As of now, only Flight, Nursing, and Veterinary Nursing are closed.

Iā€™m a bit surprised that CS isnā€™t - itā€™s closed for Transfer, along with FYE and many engineering majors

Yes. But Iā€™m surprised that merit and need aid are offered at different times based on the college/major. Especially when the university-wide merit scholarships say ā€œIncluded with Admission Decisionā€

Admitted for CS, Honors College. OOS. 1550 SAT, 11 APs, 4.4 GPA. No scholarship.

6 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s what S2ā€™s says, apparently. I paraphrased.

Deferred :confused:

ME major, 3.7 UW, 12+ APā€™s, and 1550 SAT. Time to wait until march I guessā€¦

My daughter also got into IBE - super excited!! UW 3.9, SAT 1510, OOS, very heavy on ECā€™s, leadership & community service. No merit though which is a little perplexing vs other acceptances (mostly in Engineering) already received. But again, VERY excited about this program and would appreciate any info current IBE students & parents are willing to share.

Thanks and congrats to all who received great news today!

5 Likes

They did release the decision today. My daughter got it today. Even emails are sent out

Can you apply directly to a major? What is First year of engineering?

S2 has similar stats (FYE) and no merit.

2 Likes

D22 admitted to HHS college, psychology major 4.5 W, 1520 SAT, honors college , no scholarship
OOS

4 Likes

You apply directly to most majors. All Engineering students apply for, and start in, a common first year engineering (FYE) program.

At the end of the first year, they go through the Transition To Major (T2M) process to enroll in their specific engineering discipline.

2 Likes

Son accepted COS - Planetary Science.

6 Likes

Got in CS ACT-36/UWGPA-3.9/WGPA-4.8 :grinning: but no scholarship nor honor college :slightly_smiling_face: The students with scholarship must be all perfect scores.

4 Likes