Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Yes, they are open to visitors; my wife and I stay there whenever we can (they were renovated this past year, also). Make your reservations early.

When I can’t get a room at the Union Club Hotel, I will stay in Lafayette, across the river; the Holiday Inn on South Street is serviceable.

2 Likes

Thanks. I didn’t realize PMU is a hotel as well, not just student dining hall.

1 Like

Yes the Union Hotel is open but it books quickly.

We typically stay at the Hampton Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn and Suites on State St. We leave our car in their lot and walk to campus.

1 Like

Does anyone know when decisions might roll out for deferred applicants. I read somewhere that Purdue releases in waves for regular decision. Or do all decisions just come out on March 31. Cs major btw

Have dates been set for move-in/orientation, family weekend, etc? I’m thinking that booking hotel rooms in advance could be necessary.

Similar stats for my son, deferred. This is our third go-around with this and the decisions this cycle have me scratching my head…

That’s brutal. I would have expected him to be deferred at worst. I am sure he will land somewhere good with those #s.

2 Likes

Move-in should be on the academic calendar, published years in advance.

https://www.purdue.edu/registrar/calendars/2022-23-Academic-Calendar.html

If attending BGR (highly recommended!), plan for the prior weekend.

I believe the football schedule has been published, and recently updated, hopefully final. I always booked cancellable reservations at hotels for every home game weekend, cancelling the others when the family weekend date was finalized - it’s announced rather late. All home game weekends fill up quickly - once family weekend is announced, any remaining rooms disappear quickly.

4 Likes

Please share insight on the social scene at Purdue. My son is in and is a solid student but he wants a social life. I keep reading that it’s a boring school/campus with predominantly academic focus. Any person here with Greek life?

I’ve NEVER heard Purdue described as boring! My D says there is so much going on that there aren’t enough hours in the day to do everything.

20% of students participate in Greek Life but I can’t speak to direct experience in that area.

4 Likes

can someone help me how to PM in here

Click on the user’s name and then “Message”. If the user has their privacy setting on, you can tag them and ask them to PM you.

Since you specifically responded to me, I’ll PM you incase you had a question for me!

ok. great. Thanks.

So would BGR move in weekend be Aug 12th?

Historically that would be the case. My understanding is the last few years they have had a staggered move in for freshman because of Covid. As things get closer, you should get a sign up for preferences for a move in window.

Thank you! My mom is trying to book hotel now. We will be driving from 15 hours away.

2 Likes

It will only be as good as your son makes it. Intramural Sports programs are great.

My S played IM Sand Volleyball, Flag Football and started an indoor Volleyball and now a Basket Ball Team. He hangs out in the CoRec a two to three times a week and play pickup volleyball and basketball.

He is also in the Goss Learning Community and a couple other clubs.
Honor Residence has a lot of things going on weekly.

There are weekend events that need volunteers every weekend. Regional High School Math competitions, Quizbowl, Sciencebowl. These are good kids you want surrounding you. They also field Intramural Sports teams.

He also says he doesn’t have enough time to do everything he wants to.

ETA: Get a boarding pass for sports.

1 Like

Invitations to the 2022 Admitted Purdue Families Facebook Group went out today. It’s a closed group and requires the provided code to join.

IME, it’s a valuable source of information. The email came from parents@purdue.edu, so I suggest contacting that address if not received.

9 Likes

My son received a big envelope from Purdue today with some fun items. It included the paper acceptance letter, plus a schedule magnet, Purdue stickers, and a small poster with his name “is a Boilermaker. BOILER UP!”

We are in state, so hopefully everyone else will get their’s soon.

7 Likes

Has anyone been accepted into the Facebook group yet? Just wondering if I did it correctly, since it still shows pending. :thinking: I wasn’t sure if I should use his formal first name or preferred/nickname.