Purdue Honors College?

When do we find out about the honors college decision? Does it come with our acceptance letter? Or is there a later date?

I believe the Purdue website says the decision comes out mid-February alongside the merit based scholarships.

Anyone heard anything about honor college yet? My daughter really hoping to hear something

@Purdue4mykids I think you said your daughter got a Purdue merit scholarship. We were waiting to hear about Honors College until in filing some letters, I noticed on the Trustee’s letter-- just stuck in the middle of a paragraph-- was a sentence about being in the Honors College. I don’t know if that is true about about all the merit awards, but it is worth looking carefully at the letter to see if that information might be hidden in there.

@sursumcorda oh rreally???, I will look into it
. Thanks!!!

I hear the kid will get an email tonight

Just checked and glad to see my daughter got offer to accept admission to the honor college!!!

I received an email from them today about Honors day, and checked on Purdue’s student portal showing that I could accept my admission.

@tiaracore1202 congratulations!!! My daughter is trying to make her final decision if she should accept the honor college or not. She said it might be hard to keep up with 24 credits every semester. She know few people who only did it for year it couldn’t do it anymore. She is in engineering college, how about you?

You can always accept honors for now and drop it later. My son claims he will keep it until senior year because he likes the honors dorm and early registration, etc. I think at that point he will just complete it. It’s only 1 honors class per semester and you can make classes in your major an honors class by arranging it with the professor. I like it because it is forcing him to take a class or two that normally he wouldn’t consider as a CS major.

Double check your information on required credits per semester. I’m certain it is not 24 hours. My daughter is a junior Chem E in the honors college and averages 17 or 18 hours per semester.