***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

I got the presidential scholarship today. I am OOS- Finance. I only got 1270 on my SAT but was super involved in school. They are giving me 10,000 a year

Are u guys creating that Purdue career account after getting accepted??? Was that the way to get scholarships?

Ty @comom25 . DS got trustee today. Dont know about their HHS dept. Wonder if anyone knows more tbat what is there on websites.

Accepted! (Early Action I just forgot to post)
Major: Computer Science
International
SAT: 1440 (Math: 740 ERW: 700)(One sitting)
SAT II: 800 on Math II & 730 on Physics
GPA: 3.4 UW (Donā€™t know my weighted since our school only gives us UW)
IB (full diploma): HL Math, Physics, and Arabic // SL Chemistry, English, and Econ (Predicted 33)
Teacher rec: It was from my physics teacher who knew and taught me for three years so I think it was pretty good.
EC: Math competitions (ISMTF junior year and school competition in freshman), Math tutoring, Physics Tutoring, Self-taught programming (HTML, CSS, and Java) through online classes, president of student government freshman year, VP of Astronomy club, founder and president of CS Club.
Essays were pretty good talking about my passion for mathematics and CS. I also talked about some of the activities I had in High school.
Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to RD applicants!

I know it was said that honors college and scholarships are in February, but some posts on this forum are saying they already got their merit scholarships. Are the ones in February for RD? Are EA scholarships out?

Son applied EA, CS, OOS, and received a presidential scholarship yesterday. There was a letter in the application portal. He had not yet set up Purdue career account. So you can see it without that.

ACCEPTED. OOS. Krannert School of Management. 4.68 weighted GPA, 27 ACT.

@ChattaChia did your son already accept the offer of admission to Purdue? Because all I have right now is just the letter of acceptance. Could they possibly not have informed us that we werenā€™t selected for merit scholarships even though we indicated we want to be evaluated for them? idkā€¦

@ChattaChia Anyways, congratulations to both you and your son! Purdue is a great school, especially for us CS students and engineering.

the Presidential Merit OOS FYE! Came in last night. It was an email letter dated Thursday.

@FutureCSstudent thanks, and no we havenā€™t accepted the admission offer. It wasnā€™t even in the student portal, it was in the Admissions portal, on a tab right beside the acceptance letter. Honestly, I was watching my son and he goes so fast itā€™s hard for me to follow. I just remember what he told me and when he was clicking back and forth at the bottom of the page between the two letters.

Yes, for CS, it seems like a very rigorous program. I do wonder though about the intern/co-op program since I read somewhere that they want students in and out in 4 years. We are visiting in April, so we will come armed with questions. We are still waiting on some RD decisions and we want to lay the financial packages beside each other. The merit for Purdue was only $5k, we were hoping for 10. But their base price is better than some other schools, so itā€™s all relative. He was offered 16 from NEU, but that still leaves way more than Purdue full price.

My understanding from reading past threads on CC is that you are only notified if youā€™re awarded. Good luck! also, Iā€™m not sure all offers have gone out yet.

Has any IN state student heard about scholarships yet?

Iā€™m OOS and got the $16k Trusteeā€™s! When will we be notified about departmental awards?

has anyone for FYE received any scholarships notices?

Yes, I think a few posts above yours there is even one.

Iā€™d like to think there are still more coming (my child has 1580 SAT, 3.9 UW GPA, AP/IB classes, FYE, OOS) but I guess itā€™s not looking that way. We were hoping for some merit.

Parents, uncles, aunts all attended Purdueā€¦

@wizwind My D received a scholarship notice for the Presidential and sheā€™s OOS FYE.

@HoundstoothHarry @ballet4me and @thesoutherngirl, did you get an email or was the scholarship information posted in your portal?

when do we know about departmental awards? When does honors come out?

@finnb Got an email with a link to the portal to view what the scholarship was.

email with link