***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

@sunnryz I pretty sure Purdue do have Biomedical Engineering, as I applied for it this year.

@aars123 , Yes, they certainly do. School of Mines does not, which is why my daughter didn’t end up applying there. :slight_smile:

Son was admitted but into 2nd major. Is there a way to get deferred into Engineering as opposed to accepting into BioChemistry (School of Agriculture)?

Accpeted as chem major with 1430 SAT and 3.83/4.45 uw/w

@momofsenior1 you seem to be very knowledgeable about the admissions process. Thank you for all of your information related to this thread. Do you remember what part of February decisions on merit scholarships are sent out and if FYEs are eligible to receive them?

@KamandaLobomo thank you for posting that. Have not been able to get through to admissions. Wish we had known that earlier… ?

It was blocking us from registering for the admitted students visit until about 8 PM last night. Try again. It kept telling us that my son could only register at the College he was admitted to… I kept looking at the letter and thinking Yes it says College of Engineering. Maybe it took a while for the system to “know” he was admitted.

@paintcrew2 Last year, merit scholarships came out mid-February. While FYE students are eligible, they are few and far between. Especially for OOS.

sdscoutmom My son was admitted FYE. We are San Diego people as well. I’d love any tips you find on flying to visit Purdue. Do you go Indianapolis and shuttle over or Chicago and rent a car?

Thanks a lot for sharing.

My sister is at Purdue and she knows of no one in FYE who received a merit scholarship from in state or out of state. Everyone admitted to FYE is an outstanding student and high scoring test taker. Hard to stand out and program is very competitive. Outside scholarships are best option for FYE. Lilly Scholarship and Indiana 21st Century Scholarship for lower income students are best options. There is a small National Merit Finalist scholarship if Purdue is first choice.

@RoboticsWidow I may chime in for visiting options. Last December we did fly to Chicago and rented to drive. We visited Uiuc and Purdue. If it’s just Purdue, Indianapolis is nearer. But we get more options to fly to Chicago

son got admitted to business school. Any thoughts whether Purdue provides scholarship / Financial aid for international students?

@RoboticsWidow Also keep in mind that traffic can be really nasty from either airport in Chicago when attempting to get to I65 in Indiana which you take south to Purdue. So time of day and day of the week of your trip will be important. I know the Indy airport is on the southwest side of the city but I can’t speak to how traffic would be down there.

LOL Purdue doesn’t seem to be able to get their act together. Called admissions this morning and even the lady on the phone agreed that the way the admission letters went out was completely confusing. So now my 35+ ACT high stats kid who was rejected from his first choice major and deferred from a second got a letter today from the financial aid office congratulating him on his admission and giving him a $3000 merit scholarship.

I think they’re smoking something in Indiana.

It doesn’t say anything about honors college in my acceptance letter. Does it mean I didn’t get in?

My son was accepted today via email.

@TytoAlba So did they clarify it for you? Has he been accepted?

@coffeemomCO happy for your kids congratulations. My Son got in Umass Amhearst today college of engineering Computer Science big relief after 2 big rejections Cornell and UWisconsin

DS just got accepted for Pre-Pharm!