***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

@khalidflex I applied in late December. Do you think there’s a chance I’ll get my decision today?

I applied for the pre-pharmacy program as mu first choice and the pharmaceutical sciences major as my second choice (I’m an OOS applicant). I have a 3.1 UW and 3.4 W with a 1370 SAT. I know it’s a stretch but I am hoping that my essays and extracaricular activities will help me.

My son had the boxes this morning that showed “decision made”, “next steps” etc. and I was trying to remember his second choice major because he’s on the lower end of the range for stats for engineering. I looked under “Profile and Application Changes” and clicked on “Change Major” and noticed in the From: box it lists his second choice major (Exploratory Studies). Does everyone else have their first choice major listed there? Maybe it’s nothing, but wonder if he got accepted to his second choice, which would be disappointing.

@momofthreeinma did your son apply early or regular action? Sorry I’m just curious cuz I applied regular and I haven’t seen any of the decisions tabs that others have been seeing.

@redfish5 He applied early action but the tabs only showed up for a short time this morning. Now there are no tabs and my son does not have the reply tab either.

Hmmm… that’s strange. I think he’ll be fine because the decisions aren’t supposed to be out until 5pm EST anyway… although it looks like it came at like 2pm last year…

@momofthreeinma I applied EA but I don’t see the “Change Major” tab. I only see the “Change Term” and “Update Student, Parent, and Grades” tabs. I hope that isn’t an indication of bad news.

So if we get accepted and we do decide we’re gonna attend, how do you pick a roommate and other things before the semester starts?

@khalidflex all of that information should be provided when you can finally use the admitted students tab and if/ when you get the admissions packet. That’s my guess because that’s how it has been for the other schools that I applied to.

@SpartanAzure Let’s just hope that means you got your first choice major and don’t need to change it!

Is there any tabs shown on the status page other than “Reply Form”??

@momofthreeinma I see the same in my son’s portal? what does that mean? His also says exploratory studies? Hope he gets his first choice. No reply form is there.

Hi Sam ur at the endgame now

@AAA124555 I never looked at it before so not sure. I hope they get their first choices too.

@momofthreeinma I have also not noticed this earlier. Is this engineering specific? Does anybody else have the change of major tab?

Yes I also have my second choice major in the “change of major” tab. Not sure if it always been there

@Jank2023 thanks for letting us know. What was your requested first major, engineering? My son’s was engineering as the first major. I am also not sure if that was there or not.

@khalidflex Last year there was a facebook group for students looking for roommates, or you can let the university match you. There is a housing questionnaire to complete as well. My daughter found the process fairly straight forward.

Good luck to all!

Anybody else with change of major tab?

I have the change of major tab and it shows my first-choice major (Data Science)