Q for those with Dual Enrollment credits

<p>When you applied as a high school senior, how did you answer the “previous college attended” question? Did you list the college(s) where you rec’d the DE credits?</p>

<p>nope, I left that part blank. later on I had my college transcripts sent and got the credits so I don’t think it matters.</p>

<p>I included the information and waited to send my college transcripts until I knew I was attending UA and all my credits had posted on the college transcripts. The system did list one of the college transcripts as being required and not received, but I was admitted without it as UA does not require applicants to submit college transcripts, if any exist, for admission as a freshman.</p>

<p>I don’t think my D’s credits were considered dual enrollment (she attended our community college during the summer and did not receive school credit for the class), but she did list the college on her application, and the college transcript was listed as required. That wasn’t a problem, as the college got a transcript to UA long before her high school did.</p>

<p>Yes, and it was an error to do that. They were not going to complete the admission at ua until they had transcripts. However, since he was taking classes during the summer, transcripts were going to be available in Sept. So a call to admissions and that stipulation was removed, and admission completed. </p>

<p>My advice, don’t put it on the application if you have dual enrollment courses. It may slow things down for you. Do provide the transcripts when available.</p>

<p>D’13 did not put her DE classes on her College App, we just guessed.</p>

<p>I guess I thought of the DE more like AP. Since son took both at his High School.
Just applied as new Freshman. Did send HS transcript first. Added DE next. And will add all APs this week after new scores are released. No problems.</p>

<p>Yes, a student still applies as a new freshman no matter what AP/IB/CLEP and DE credits he has as long as he’s coming from high school and not transferring from another college. </p>

<p>I’m thinking that I wouldn’t want to confuse things and list the DE college at this point, but I wasn’t sure what is the best approach.</p>

<p>The only time it may be an issue is if the de credits met an admission requirement…like a math or science that were not beyond courses required for admission.</p>

<p>Thank you all! The original question was mine which m2ck was kind enough to help me with.</p>

<p>The DE courses are listed on the HS transcript, but without any indication it is a DE course.</p>