Ques over a-g requirements

<p>if you took a-g classes in middle school, do they still count towards your number of a-g classes taken? i mean, I took algebra 1 and spanish 1 in 8th grade, so those classes aren’t on my high school transcript. however, both of those courses are on the list of a-g requirements, so even though i took them before high school do they still count towards the number of semesters of a-g classes that I have?</p>

<p>also another thing, right now in my senior year i’m taking calculus at my high school; however, the class is actually administered through cal state fullerton and does not count as a high school course, so it’s like as if i was taking it at Fullerton. could that still count as an a-g course?</p>

<p>yea. i got the same question. I took algebra I in 8th grade and its on my high school transcript.</p>

<p>Yes to both of those questions. Just list the classes on the application. At my son's HS, they include all A-G classes on his HS transcript if they were taken at a middle school in the same chool district. If you are taking an A-G class at the college level, it will be weighted by UC. Foreign language and math are the most common carry-overs from middle school and they definitely count towards your A-G class count so don't leave them off the application.</p>

<p>i don't know if i've already asked this but, u know how schools give extra pts to applicants w/ more semesters than the minimum (i think 35+)? well do the UCs count your semesters from senior yr too?</p>

<p>yes, they take your senior classes into account.</p>

<p>i think my cumulative total would be (# classes): 7 frosh, 7 soph, 6 jr, 5 sr
so i believe my number of semesters would be 50, what's the max number of semesters that the UCs give pts for?</p>