Question about Culverhouse

<p>Hi!
So I was recently accepted into The University of Alabama and my letter says that I have also been admitted to Culverhouse. Does this mean I am a direct admit to Culverhouse or does everyone who puts their desired major as business get in? I know some schools you need to apply to get into the business school while others allow all students in and I was just curious about how Alabama is.
Thanks!</p>

<p>Everyone is a direct admit to the Lower Division of Culverhouse. You need to apply to the Upper Division once you’ve satisfied certain requirements (60 hours, several Gen Ed requirements and the Lower Division functional field courses), but it’s not a competitive admission like it is at some other schools and some other departments at UA).</p>

<p>How difficult is it to get admitted to upper-division Culverhouse? is there a GPA that auto-admits?</p>

<p>It’s not a competitive admission. You need to have a minimum grade of C- in each of the lower division functional field courses, and you need a 2.5 GPA to declare any major other than general business. I’m not sure what the grade requirement for general business is. </p>