Question about Engineering Honors acceptance date - January 16th

DD got accepted to Engineering Honors today but email says "To accept our offer of admission and be considered for scholarship opportunities, please confirm your acceptance by January 16 using the link below "

Why do we have accept by January 16th ? What if we don’t by 16th, you miss out on scholarship opportunities or you lost your chance to be in the Engineering Honors ?

@lovingasiandad I believe they mean your student must confirm their acceptance into the Engineering Honors Program by January 16 or they will lose the opportunity to participate. That said, that decision might impact some scholarship opportunities. The Engineering Honors Program is limited to a certain number of students; they want students to accept by the deadline in order to offer other students a chance to participate.

@lovingasiandad You only need to accept your offer by the 16th if you want the full consideration for scholarships/llc from the honors program. There is no need to accept before the deadline to be considered for the program. You only need to complete the honors application within 4 weeks of your new student conference. @lee6666 is incorrect.

@Evon1254, you are correct – I looked at the EHP homepage and this program has changed quite a bit since my son was accepted. I recall during my son’s freshman year, the program was capped at something like 300 students. I also don’t recall any connection with scholarships/LLCs.

@lovingasiandad did you recieve your decision through personal or tamu email?

@teslanijaxyu It was an email on Jan 3rd