TAMU Class of 2021 Engineering Honors - Acceptances?

Anyone with any insight into when the acceptances for engineering honors will go out? Anyone already been accepted?

I was accepted on December 2. I’m not sure how the acceptances are given out but I know that it takes about 4 weeks for them to decide after you submit the application. Mine came in about a week so it could be quick for some.

My son just was admitted to engineering honors today. They had told us that it would take 3-4 weeks from the time he was admitted into engineering, 11/11, but it took longer for him because he was not an auto admit.

@pbleigh Yes, my son was just admitted yesterday as well!! In the email he received it says to go to a URL and click the ‘View Status’ button. However when going to the URL there is no ‘View Status’ button. Are you seeing the same thing?

@TxSker Yes my son had the exact same issue so I called today. Apparently they submitted those acceptances a week or more ago but the system did not email them until yesterday. Probably because of the holiday rush they forgot to close out my son’s engineering honors application when they opened it to read it, sounds like your son has the same issue. When I called they closed it and then the view status window appeared.

I actually did not receive an email, but some of my friends did. I decided to check out he website where I applied, and sure enough, I was in!

https://apply2.cse.tamu.edu/apps/EH/

My son was also admitted to Engineering Honors yesterday!!

@Jpgranier Yes, his app now shows the selection to accept the offer! He’s at school so doesn’t know yet. He will be excited!!!

Applied: 11/10
UIN: 11/12
Decision: 11/29
Review Admit
Major: Computer Engineering
Did you get in: yes
Honors: Admitted on 12/9
Class Rank:330/649
ACT: 26
New SAT: 1220

I cant wait to be an aggie. WHOOP!

@Jb12dbdjdkd

So far you have indicated you were admitted to U Penn, Stanford and Texas A&M–all with a 26 ACT and 330th class rank. From what I can read on CC this is quite an amazing feat. Is this true?? I was surprised even for A&M and am even more shocked for Stanford and Penn.

It would be helpful for the other posters to see other information. Are you a recruited athlete? Do you have outstanding ECs? Help people out and give more information.

@carachel2 I am 99.99% sure he did not get into either U Penn or Stanford. I highly, highly doubt TAMU either. This is a public forum so people are free to BS all they want so take caution to what you believe. Even if somehow he magically got into those 3 schools (which I can safely say he didn’t), he would be a huge minority and I wouldn’t advise following what he/she is going by.

Now that I type this I realize there is ONE way he/she got into those 3 schools-- highly recruited athlete like you said. Still do NOT be mislead.

Yes, I have signed with Stanford with their tennis team, and was giver offers by A&M and UPenn, I will be studying computer science. @KohliTheBeast too bad I am in the 00.01%

@Jpgranier Thanks for the tip! I logged in and it said welcome to your Honors homepage!

Has anyone received anything in the mail regarding their acceptance into the honors program? If the email all we can expect?

I was accepted about a week ago and got it through email. Still haven’t received any mail so I assume email is the only source. Also just checking the application page periodically can work.

Got accepted today!

Does anyone know roughly how many freshman are usually in the Engineering Honors program? I’ve read that about 10% get accepted into EH, but I’m not sure how many freshman are accepted into COE. I’ve seen stats on all undergrads, but not necessarily the freshman class. And truth be told, I’m sure I’ve seen it, but I’ve read so much these last few weeks that my brain is a bit on the fritz! :))

Mine displays:
Under completeness: Complete
Under Status: You can still work on your application
It still has the edit and delete buttons.
I submitted around a week back, was it the same for everyone before they received a decision?

@k_03 That’s what it looks like until you are accepted. When you get an acceptance email, it gives you the option to Accept or Decline when you get to that page. Hope that helps some!

@rvhappynow Thank You, that helps :slight_smile: