Question about grades

<p>i was talking about dropping AP physics C earlier last year; i decided that i am nto going to drop and work hard next semester and i am promising myself to get at least a B. but the problem is that there is a possibility that i may be receiving a D the first semester of physics class. if by any chance i do get a D, does that mean “bye bye UC’s.” i know i will have to write emails to the schools that i applied for and explain my situation, but is there a chance that they may still let me in. i know you guys are only UC, but what about calstate schools. will i still have a chance with them? thanks</p>

<p>Cal State might have more lenience, as with lower tier UCs. Apparently a lot of these come case by case. I've heard of people getting by with a free pass despite a D or F. Others had to appeal their withdrawal of admission. Quite a few got outright rejected. You don't want to put yourself in compromising positions like that if you can avoid it. It's not necessarily "bye bye UCs", but they have the grounds to deny you admission and quite a handful of people have that happen to them.</p>

<p>so as soon as i find out that i have a D, i should email on the UCs and Calstates that i applied to right? if i promise them that i will improve in second semester, will they give me a chance?</p>

<p>It really depends on the school. Last year, this senior (let's call him Charlie) received a "D" in AP Calc but Berkeley gave him a second chance.
They will probably give you a chance or you may be asked to make up the D in adult shool or summer school.
Best of luck.</p>

<p>P.S. alert them as soon as you know.</p>

<p>i actually got a D in ap spanish 1st semester of my senior year, but dropped out into spanish 4 and got a B second semester and I didn't get revoked, miraculously.</p>

<p>but if i alert them now, how will they remember that i told them about the D when they see my transcript in July</p>