Question about HS transcript linking to application?

My daughter applied 2 weeks ago and as of today her app is still listed as incomplete because her high school transcript is still listed as missing. I know sometimes it takes a while for all the materials to link up in the application and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Her school sent the transcript 2 weeks ago. She already emailed her admissions representative but has not heard back from her yet.

Call admissions on Monday. Is your daughter eligible for a merit scholarship? If you want to assure that everything is all right, the phone call will allow you to ask questions and get immediate answers. I would not wait on the rep. Has the rep been responsive to your emails before?

Thank you, I will have her both go in to guidance to get the exact date it was sent and then call admissions. This was her first email to the rep and was kind of surprised there was no reply at all after 3 days. She will reach out to admissions directly from now on. She is eligible for merit scholarship so I don’t want to waste more time.

Okay good,
I would also send an email to
Rick Funk
rick.funk@
Politely mention that the recruiter has not gotten back to you. He is in charge of recruitment and Director of Undergraduate Admissions.

Sounds like your student is eligible for The Honors College, have you daughter apply here
http://honors.ua.edu/admission-to-honors/apply-to-honors/ after acceptance.

Also have her fill out the scholarship application the deadline is December 15th. See information here
http://scholarships.ua.edu/freshmen/

Let us know the outcome.

thank you very much…she has already filled out the scholarship application and it is marked as received on her portal. It is just this darn transcript issue that is holding her up :slight_smile:

Update: She confirmed with her guidance counselor that the transcript was sent on 11/9. When she called the admissions office they said that they are inundated with transcripts and if her portal is not updated in 2 days that she should call back.

Good to hear, do make that call in two days, best to stay on top of these things. Did you ever hear back from the rep?

the rep finally emailed back yesterday late afternoon. She really didn’t say anything except to make sure that it was sent to the correct campus (which it was) and then to call admissions.

Well, that’s not really a good answer, nor in my opinion, an acceptable time frame to get back to you concerning an important matter for admissions. That being said, I always go directly to the source skipping middlemen for answers. I also like to follow up with an email referencing my call and who I spoke with. When you call back if you get the same answer, ask to speak to an admissions officer directly. Often students are working the phones as their part time job.
Suffice it to say that many reps go out of their way for the students, so I would still send an email to Rick Funk.

I am actually going to call today myself. My daughter made 2 attempts- the email and a call to admissions and received only vague responses from both. With the deadline looming for the Honors College I can’t let this go any longer. I will update later. Thanks.

Yes, get past the person answering the phone to someone with authority. Be polite but persistent, explain that you have sent emails and made previous phone calls. I am sure you will find someone to help answer your questions.
Good Luck.

Yes, that is my intention, unfortunately it seems they are closed today :frowning:

finally fixed today!!! Although they had her transcript this whole time for some reason it was “hung up in the system”…the rep fixed it and her status now reads that it is under review!!! I should have called myself 2 weeks ago…oh well…mission accomplished!

ADMITTED!!! WOO HOO!!!

Excellent, Congratulations to your daughter!
Roll Tide!