Question about Provisional "Conditions of Admission"

So… UC applications are steadily coming out week by week now. I just got acceptance from UCSC, and although I’m not completely sure i will commit yet, I have a quick question for anyone that can answer:

In my provisional acceptance conditions of acceptance, it states:
“A decline in GPA by a full grade point, may result in the cancellation of your admission”

I feel like this is common knowledge, but I don’t understand what a ’ full grade point ’ drop is. Does that mean from about a 4.0 to 3.0 or from a 4.0 to 3.8? Just wondering because I did get a few (2) C’s and my average grades dropped from mostly As to mostly Bs in my fall senior year and I’m worried that I may get rescinded because of it. My GPA is still decent at a 3.67 (well, not good. but its still okay i guess) but I’m still worried

UCSC is stating that if you had a 4.0 UC GPA when submitting your UC application and you drop to a 3.0 UC GPA by end of Senior year, it could be grounds for rescinding your admission. I have found most schools are flexible about this requirement as long as you do not get D’s or F’s. A couple of C’s is OK but schools like UCLA and UCB specifically state if you receive 2 or more C’s Senior year, they want to be notified.

They want you to maintain the same academic excellence that got you admitted. Do not suffer from Senioritis.

4 Likes

Yes, they mean from a 4.0 to a 3.0. It seems like many UCs want nothing less than a C grade and not less than an overall unweighted GPA of 3.0. If you’ve managed that, you should be fine.

3 Likes

“A full grade point” typically means 1.0, as in 4.0 → 3.0.

Check if they are referring to just your grades in in-progress (12th grade) courses (versus overall).

1 Like