Question about the prompt

<p>The prompt is:</p>

<p>Consider something in your life you think goes unnoticed and write about why it's important to you.</p>

<p>I was wondering, does this mean something that goes unnoticed to ME but everyone else seems to notice (but when I do notice it, I appreciate how important it is), or does it mean something that goes unnoticed to others that I think is important?</p>

<p>I suspect the latter is a more logical interpretation. The first would showcase a negative about you, right?</p>

<p>I was thinking of doing my parents’ accent (I don’t notice it at all but one of my friends pointed it out to me) and even though I don’t really notice it, I know it’s there and it serves as a reminder of how much they’ve accomplished for themselves (moving to America, learning English, having a “better life”, etc.) as well as something that inspires me to do my best. Do you think this would work for the prompt?</p>

<p>It’s supposed to be something that goes unnoticed about you…</p>

<p>I ended up writing mine about one of my personal qualities that I thought went unnoticed and how it had helped me. The prompt was made to be vague; write about what you feel most passionate about.</p>

<p>Umm, no - TransferGopher - it does not necessarily mean something ‘that goes unnoticed about you…’</p>

<p>I know someone who wrote about weather - I believe in the context of how people take it for granted in our part of the world that we have easy access to weather forecasts and storm predictions and severe weather warnings: that the complicated science and technology behind weather forecasting goes unnoticed. This also helped express the student’s passion about meteorology.</p>

I have a similar doubt
Does the prompt mean something that WENT unnoticed to ME but after an incident in my life I started noticing it and why I feel that it is important to me now that I have realized it.
OR does it mean something that goes unnoticed to others that I think is important?