Question in immunization

<p>Hi, so I have questions about immunization and medical history form.</p>

<p>1) If I got a meningitis vaccination within last 5 yrs(I don’t remember well if I actually did it) when I DIDN"T have health insurance, how can I get a valid signature?</p>

<p>2) I am getting health insurance provided by school. Is it possible to get vaccination in school health center before school starts, or even the orientation?</p>

<p>(1) Don’t have an answer.</p>

<p>(2) The health center does provide vaccinations, although you’ll have to pay $20 for the visit. Email the health center directly to find out if they can administer the vaccinations you need before you move into the dorm (or within a day or two thereafter). If they agree to do it, make sure you get it done promptly after you arrive on campus - your class schedule will be cancelled if you don’t have the proper vaccinations.</p>

<p>Thanks @dodgersmom‌ Do you know email contact to health center? I can’t find it in online.</p>

<p>If you cant provide proof of your meng’s vac, you will need to repeat. You will not be allowed to dorm w/o…too risky.</p>

<p>You’re correct - the email address for the Student Health Center doesn’t appear to be readily available online. I’d suggest using the [contact</a> form](<a href=“http://emtech.ua.edu/webforms/orientation/contact.html]contact”>http://emtech.ua.edu/webforms/orientation/contact.html) for the Bama Bound Orientation office and ask them if you can get the immunizations when you arrive on campus.</p>

<p>Be aware, though, that the tuberculosis test takes several days for results, so that probably needs to be done ahead of time.</p>

<p>If you remember where you had the vaccines given, you can go there. They should have a record. You can also use your County Board of Health to get any shots you need, including TB, which needs to be done before moving in. They charge on a sliding scale depending on income. If worse comes to worst you can go to a private walk in clinic. That will cost between $50 and $100. TB tests take at least 48-72 hours so you usually can’t have it done on Thursday unless the place is open Saturdays.</p>

<p>What about contacting your high school and seeing if they have your shot records. If they required them then you had to turn something in and they might have it on file. </p>

<p>Do you have a city or county health department? You can try calling them to see how much they charge for the immunizations you need. I had a ton done cheaply to go to Russia.</p>

<p>thanks!</p>