Question on Honor Dorms and South Quad

Hoping the dorm preferences are your D’s choice

3 Likes

True, but most students don’t want to pay additional to eat elsewhere when they’ve already paid for the MC meal plan. Lunch at Bursley was added because it was unrealistic for students who had class on north campus to go down to MC for lunch.

OP: The other all-women dorms are Betsy Barbour and Helen Newberry. But there are no restrictions on men being on the premises, including overnight, so that may not be something your daughter would want.

@brantly Thanks for this added info! We’ll definitely add both BB and HN to our month’s visit. I’ve learned now that UMICH gives us so many fantastic options (MC, WISE, etc.). UMICH truly is a great school. Our son at UCLA was never given so many great/unique options (no learning communities there!) Thanks again!

There are more. Don’t think I would recommend for a freshman but my son stayed in one as a senior and it came with a chef with meals included, internet and utilities. It’s sorts like a huge house /dorm though.

https://campusinfo.umich.edu/article/cooperative-housing-inside-scoop

1 Like

Then she will be known as a “Cookie.” Hope she’s OK with that. :wink:

(Granted, I was at Michigan in the 70’s. Perhaps that term has been dropped.)

1 Like

That’s perfect. I always tell her she’s a “smart cookie.” :slight_smile:

Very cool! Thank you!

If she’s as you describe, she will also be referred to as a “hot Cookie.” :blush:

3 Likes