Question regarding A-G requirements

<p>I’m going into my sophomore year in High School and I got a D in Biology and Geometry and I’m wondering, if I take a math class for the next three years and get C’s or better in all of them, will that count as my ‘‘three years’’? The same goes for science but instead of three more years, only 2 - will it count as the two years required for A-G? </p>

<p>Unfortunately, I can’t repeat the same classes over again or I would just do that but because I got a D, it counts as a passing grade at my school and I have to go on to the next subject because of limited space at my school. I can do the classes in summer school or night school but juniors and seniors usually take it up because there is only a limited amount of space because both high schools in my town use it and they have to split up space accordingly. The classes are reserved first for those who have F’s which leaves only a few spots for D students and most D students don’t get in for that reason.</p>

<p>As far as I’m aware, as long as you complete the stated amount of classes of each subject area with a C or better, you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>Right Phantom, you need only complete the stated number of classes with a C or better to qualify. They require 2 years of lab science and 3 years of math so, you certainly can meet those requirments.</p>

<p>Fortunately, the UC GPA is calculated with a-g grades from just your sophore and junior years.</p>

<p>Buckle down, do your best and don’t let this set back get you down.</p>

<p>Thank you to both of you! Good to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I really messed up this year, but, I know I can and will do better in the next school year.</p>