Rank UC's in terms of engineering?

<p>Hi, I was wondering which UC I should select as my go to if I did not get accepted in either UCLA, UCSD, or Berkeley (kinda unlikely that I wouldn’t get in at least one of those, but you know things happen)</p>

<p>Is it Irvine or Davis or some other one?</p>

<p>Mechanical Engineering by the way</p>

<p>UCSB is ranked 8 for mech E, thats wat I heard, and only UCB beats it, others r privates. SB is ranked very well in the engineer department. I do know they rank especially well in the Physics department(10), again only beaten by UCB.</p>

<p>But if it’s UCD or UCI, I think UCD might be better</p>

<p>So UCSB even beats UCLA and UCSD in Mech E?</p>

<p>thats wat i’ve remember hearing and this was from people who go to UCB and UCLA lol</p>

<p>Yes UCSB pours much of their resources into engineering/physics</p>

<p>UC Davis has a very good Engineering department also.</p>

<p>thats y I said UCD is prob better than UCI for Mech E :)</p>

<p>all UCs have good engineering beside UCSC ( its good but it more of a lib arts schol) and merced for now</p>

<p>“all UCs have good engineering beside UCSC ( its good but it more of a lib arts schol) and merced for now” </p>

<p>This is based on your personal experience, I am sure.</p>

<p>^Cali Trumpet, you have just uncovered the great mystery of CC. People come up with and post random “facts” from seemingly nowhere.</p>

<p>my opinion…
they’re all good, a little difference in ranking isn’t going to make a big difference… the rankings aren’t perfect.
But if I definitely had to rank them for engineering… UCB on its own level… LA SD on a lower, then D, I, SB. OGIE</p>

<p>Hi CCers, try finding a school where you can succeed academically as well as find good friends and have a good time. College is 4 years long!!! Don’t let these numbers on web pages decide your fate! :smiley: GOOD LUCK :D</p>