Recontracting housing

<p>can someone hook me up with a link for recontracting housing?</p>

<p>i have looked but i didn’t get to a page to fill in.</p>

<p>: /</p>

<p>i am sure it is not that hard.</p>

<p>thanks for the help.</p>

<p>Are you using the link provided in the email to your D?</p>

<p>i didnt see a link in the email.</p>

<p>Mike, I was having trouble finding the recontracting application myself so I called housing before the break to clarify. Basically:

1. go to myBama
  2. click on “On-line residence housing application” under Campus Housing
  3. For Application Term, choose Fall 2011/2012 Spring Academic Year
  4. Fill out the application and hit submit</p>

<p>When you go back to it after you submit the application, you will find that step 1 is completed (application), and step 2 will show no contract since housing is supposed to get back to us at a later date to complete the recontracting sequence.</p>

<p>i think i found something that seemed right. but there wasn’t much to fill out, maybe just a click button to select fall 2011. and i do have step 1 listed as completed, so maybe i got it.</p>

<p>wonder if they send a follow-up email.</p>

<p>Didn’t get a follow-up email but S still keeps getting a recontracting reminder, which could just be a general email to everyone. Will be following up with a phone call to housing just to be sure.</p>

<p>This is what is on the housing website:</p>

<p>To be eligible for housing for 2011/2012, you must complete the online application between October 1, 2010 and February 1, 2011. If there is sufficient campus housing available to allow you to complete the contract and deposit portion of the application, you will be contacted by e-mail beginning February 2, 2011. Two groups of students will be allowed to complete the recontracing process. Depending upon which group a student is in, the deposit will be due either by February 9 or February 17. The deposit must be paid by the designated deadline in order for a student to be eligible for online room selection.</p>

<p>The notice that your son or daughter receives is sent to everyone. My son got two during the holidays, and he filled out his application several weeks ago. There is no follow up e-mail sent.</p>

<p>Instead of calling, I would recommend sending an e-mail first. The only reason why I say that is that housing will be very busy starting this week, because there are students who will be going through spring orientation this week.</p>

<p>i did go ahead and send an email. got an out of office reply.</p>

<p>hopefully they will reply.</p>

<p>: )</p>

<p>I would just call housing tomorrow morning.</p>

<p>Mike, housing said that the recontracting email is a general mail sent out to everyone, and that they’ve received S’s recontracting application. Sounds like your D’s all set as well.</p>

<p>I would call housing to make sure that recontracting was done. You don’t want to make a mistake…</p>

<p>There are 3 steps that need be done at certain times to get housing for later years.</p>

<p>well it does say step 1 is completed, so i think we are ok, but it won’t hurt to check on it!</p>