Regular Decision applicants:Check your app status!

<p>Did those of you who were admitted get deferred from early decision? Or were you offered a spot in the honors program?</p>

<p>volleyballlover, I did not apply ED and was offered the chance to apply for Honors.</p>

<p>From the message my S received today -</p>

<p>"Early notification of admissions offers will be mailed February 17 to those students who either are admissible and statistically eligible to apply to University Honors and/or whose applications were evaluated by the Admissions Committee prior to this date.</p>

<p>If you are not one of the applicants who learns their admission decision in the early mailing, your application is still under review by the Admissions Committee and you will have your decision by April 1. The early notification offers represent only about 20 percent of total offers of admission that will be made this year.</p>

<p>Remember: Students who are not honors-eligible, or whose files were not reviewed until after the honors offers went to committee, are still under consideration for regular decision admission."</p>

<p>I got admitted today, but I was placed in University Studies instead of College of Engineering.</p>

<p>Has anyone been accepted into the Engineering, or does admissions just place everyone in University Studies for now?</p>

<p>How do you know you were placed into University studies? It doesn’t say anything about the major I got. </p>

<p>I’m an international and from my GPA and SAT scores it’s obvious I have no chance for getting honors, so I find this a bit surprising.</p>

<p>My application summary said “Offered Admission into University Studies (alternate major)” and then two buttons saying to either accept their offer of admission or withdraw the application"</p>

<p>How do you check?</p>

<p>Check by going to <a href=“Login | Virginia Tech”>Login | Virginia Tech; and signing in.</p>

<p>I received my decision as well. Accepted. </p>

<p>In-state
Attend a magnet school for math, science, and technology
4.0 UW GPA, 4.35 W
Ranked 6/316
2010 SAT I
31 ACT (35-E, 32-M, 31-R, 26-S, 11 E)
Decent EC’s, nothing spectacular</p>

<p>I also just found out that I was accepted!! YAYYY…but It did not say if I was accepted into the college of my specific major all it said was “CONGRATULATIONS”…how do we find that out???</p>

<p>I got in as RD and I qualified to apply for honors</p>

<p>I just checked because of this thread and saw I got into engineering.</p>

<p>OOS, 2130 SAT (1480 CR+M), 3.8 UW/4.8W, top 10%, decent EC’s.</p>

<p>Still, I’m probably not going to attend. I’d have to be offered a sweet financial aid package, which is unlikely considering my income bracket. I’m probably going to either NCSU (in-state) or Georgia Tech.</p>

<p>Congratulations to everyone that’s gotten in, though.</p>

<p>How do you know you got into engineering? Where does it say that? It just says ‘Congratulations’ but no indication of major for me…</p>

<p>question. did you guys get an email saying that your decision had been posted or did you just check the website to see? i’m having trouble logging into my account to check…it’s not letting me reset my password either!! :(</p>

<p>No email or anything. I heard through a friend, logged on, and saw my decision.</p>

<p>According to post #23, VT has to have reviewed your application prior to Feb 17 to send you the decision. Total decisions only cover 20% of applicants. Perhaps those who sent their applications in earliest received answers. I don’t know but there’s no reason to worry if you didn’t get a response yet.</p>

<p>My son got his admission letter in the mail today, out of state. He was admitted to the College of Engineering and had been invited to apply to the Honors College. We were not expecting notification this early.</p>

<p>I got my acceptance letter in the mail today too! I applied right before the regular decision deadline, but I also got an invitation to apply to Honors. I was accepted to the College of Engineering: I’m out of state, good extracurriculars, high SAT score, 105 weighted GPA. Congrats to everyone who was accepted, and good luck to everyone still waiting!</p>

<p>Accepted 4.0 gpa 2070 SAT out of state and Into honors program:)</p>

<p>how do you “check status”? im in the informational systems page but i see no direction to “Check status”…have all of you sent in your mid year transcripts?</p>