Rescinded Offers

<p>Hey everyone</p>

<p>This week, I received my acceptance packet in the mail. My acceptance was unexpected, so I was really excited and honored. However, I have a big problem..
In short, I have an F on my transcript for the 2nd semester of AP Calculus. My other grades this semester are very average, but improvable. My only concern is AP Calc, because I find it extremely challenging and tutors tend to only help me in the moment. </p>

<p>I take all of the blame for this grade. It is challenging, but I could have asked for more help. </p>

<p>The other 3.5/4 of my transcript show my commitment to my grades, but I know the University of Miami is a very good school.
Can anyone offer insight into my chances of being denied/revoked? Thanks</p>

<p>How did you do your first semester of the class? When Miami gets your final report, they’ll only look at final grades, not semester grades. So if you have a bad grade this semester, but can even it out with a good first semester grade, you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>My first semester was a C-
It’s not that better but it’s a little higher…</p>

<p>I think it some of it depends on your major … for example … if you’re accepted for engineering that might be a problem.</p>

<p>Sorry I wasn’t really informative… I was accepted into the Advertising major.</p>

<p>I’d call the school just to set your mind at ease, but I’d be surprised if they rescinded your acceptance.</p>

<p>I highly doubt that they will, it takes something much more dramatic for your acceptance to be revoked, but they may do something else for you to make it up.</p>

<p>Well it was clear that you were struggling in the class before. I would call and explain how you were having difficulties in the class. If the rest of your transcript looks good then they will believe that you just struggled in that class.</p>