Rescued by the CC Family

<p>I didn’t do anything - Sniner is the one playing tour guide. I admit, I am a bit jealous. I know you are having a great time.</p>

<p>Malanai, I hope you get out without delay tomorrow – and I hope you get stuck here in Chicago on your next trip. We will show you a great time – we have an awesome group of parents here.</p>

<p>Roll Ride to THAT!!!</p>

<p>Wow, so much love here. </p>

<p>Slippy, I tried to pull a Snowden but they kicked me out, inasmuch as I had no secrets to tell. I was asked, “What’s the secret to beating LSU?” I said, “I dunno. Let 'em play Bama?” And with that, I was tossed with an “everyone knows that” retort. ;)</p>

<p>As for Class2012Mom, don’t listen to her. She was invaluable today. Bless you, my friend. </p>

<p>Tonight I was treated to a wonderful Mexican dinner (with an exquisite margarita) by Sniner and her husband, Tniner. These are two really terrific folks who drove WAY out of their way to be kind to a stranger. We connected instantly, had so much fun, and, I believe, became new friends. What a silver lining to the day!</p>

<p>So, whenever I’m stuck in Cleveland, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Birmingham, the Outer Banks, I know who to call. And if you’re ever in Honolulu, stuck or otherwise, you know who to call as well. </p>

<p>Aloha, Roll Tide, and Geaux Tigers til November. :)</p>

<p>This is so awesome! Class2012Mom, Sniner and Tniner, y’all are rock stars! Add me to the list of those who want to get stuck in Hawaii! Safe travels, Malanai.</p>

<p>What a wonderful night. It was most definitely our pleasure.</p>

<p>A couple of summers ago, my older son was doing a 24-hour or so layover in Hawaii, and malanai was awesome. He picked him up at a hotel, took him on a tour of the island, treated him to lunch and got him to the airport in time for his flight to American Samoa. Hopefully, someday, we all can return the favor if he’s in the DC area.</p>

<p>Happy to host anyone stranded in NY. You’ll have to put up with lousy football, though.</p>

<p>I have decided. </p>

<p>Class2012 and I will be making a road trip to Tuscaloosa. We will accidentally wind up in North Carolina, Ohio, New York, Texas, Colorado, and perhaps even Louisiana. After accidentally winding up in California, we will board a plane to Birmingham, relishing the thought of the delicious vanilla vodka lattes awaiting our arrival. We will marvel over the unexpectedly large size and vibrant blue color of the Black Warrior River. We will become lost upon arrival, and in exhausted confusion (we will no doubt be thirsty and need a swim, too) we will knock upon the door of a friendly looking house seeking directions. We will gasp in amazement and assure the homeowner he looks “Just like Malanai!” We will no doubt need to stay several days for intensive counseling to recover from the trauma of our trip, before resuming our trek to Tuscaloosa. Eventually we will make it to Birmingham for our lattes, then decide we are too tired to go to Tuscaloosa and head home to plan our next visit to our boys.</p>

<p>Ha!</p>

<p>Well, since no one can ever leave the Earth without traveling through (and getting delayed) in Atlanta…y’all have a place to stay at our house, too!</p>

<p>So, to put a bow on this adventure, United refused to hand over our luggage after canceling the flight, sending us to our hotels more or less empty handed.</p>

<p>Tuesday morning I got on the rescheduled flight (at 7am) in my semi-used, informal, comfy flight clothes, raced to my office upon landing (nothing like traveling west to extend your day), saw clients all day in this lovely attire, and then returned home safe and sound. I was told by reliable sources that I wafted nary an offensive bouquet. :)</p>

<p>For my troubles, the Friendly Skies gave me 30,000 miles for my Mileage Plus account and CC gave me lots of new friends. Not too shabby.</p>

<p>And now you know the rest of the story. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Malanai, I always enjoy reading about your adventures! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Momreads - I remember that post very well. It was one of the first that endeared me to the people here and made me want to participate in these forums ( I had <em>no</em> intention of joining the CC crazies - Ha!)</p>

<p>Malanai, so glad you made it home safely. Sniner, you are awesome for giving a tour at a moment’s notice! And momoftriplets, I’ll be in Atlanta in a couple of weeks. When I visit NRDMOM, she puts a little bottle of vodka and a packet of chocolate on my pillow (hint, hint).</p>

<p><em>Fine</em> chocolate.</p>

<p>Class2012 deserves the very best.</p>