Rescued by the CC Family

<p>So here I am stuck in Denver after my flight home to Honolulu was canceled due to a mechanical malfunction. Class2012Mom, seeing my dilemma on Facebook from her perch in Chicago, alerts Sniner, who lives in Denver, to contact me via Facebook and offer assistance. </p>

<p>Sniner does so, offers me a room in her home, plus dinner and a tour of her town. I have not met either one of these awesome folks, but perhaps that number will be reduced by half if I ever get out of this Kafkaesque line at United.</p>

<p>And that, ladies and gents, is what my Bama experience, and that of my son, has been in microcosm. </p>

<p>Roll Tide from the Rockies! :)</p>

<p>Ahhhhhh…</p>

<p>How awesome! </p>

<p>Have fun!</p>

<p>Love that Bama hospitality! It’s from coast to coast.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I love the Bama CC family! Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>That is amazing! Good luck getting home and enjoy your hospitality in Denver.</p>

<p>Get home safely. Enjoy your visit.</p>

<p>It’s a pretty neat community we have here.</p>

<p>Speaking of which, mom2collegekids, I noticed that you responded to this thread, and I have a favor to ask of you! I tried sending you a personal message, but I think you need to have 15 posts in order to do so, and as I am new, I don’t have 15 yet. Hopefully you’ll see this instead!</p>

<p>As I was browsing about engineering schools, I saw that you had posted some great responses, with really informative advice. I was wondering if there was any chance you’d be willing to take a peek at my thread and see if you could offer me any suggestions. I’d really appreciate it, as I’m new to the college search, and a little overwhelmed with options, and trying to finance them.</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-search-selection/1563338-environmental-engineering-school.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-search-selection/1563338-environmental-engineering-school.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thank you very much!</p>

<p>Thanks everyone. And it’s confirmed: I’m about to meet Sniner. :)</p>

<p>Malanai – Glad you are not turning into the Edward Snowden of Denver. </p>

<p>(Geaux Tigers.)</p>

<p>If anyone is ever stuck in Cleveland… This is an awesome group! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>My Roomommie and UA’s CC rocks!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide.</p>

<p>This whole thread made me smile, especially Slippy’s comment.</p>

<p>RTR- gotta love this group!</p>

<p>If any of you are ever stuck in B’ham, I’ll be glad to offer a port in the storm! Malanai, enjoy Denver! It’s a beautiful city and the Rockies are fantastic this time of year.</p>

<p>My D and I met for lunch with Sniner and her D a couple of summers ago in Boulder. I can attest that you will be in good hands! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>If anyone is ever stuck in the Outer Banks…it would be a good problem to have! No seriously, our house is your house!</p>

<p>I want to be stuck in Hawaii!!! Enjoy your visit Malanai.</p>

<p>Too bad we couldn’t arrange for some snow while in the beautiful state of Colorado … maybe next time! Safe travels after your tour. :)</p>

<p>Hmm, think I’ve got our summer vacation planned :slight_smile: We can be “stuck” in Denver, “stuck” in NC, and worst of all “stuck” in Hawaii. Malanai, get some Beaujo’s, I crave that stuff. </p>

<p>If anyone should get stranded in Big D, let me know. DD’s roommates mom got stuck at DFW Intl this summer for a few hours so we got some things ironed out for the dorm while she was on the ground waiting for a very delayed connection.</p>

<p>Enjoy your time in Denver, Malanai. Since Class2012 and I have a visit to you on our bucket list, I expect to be called if you’re stranded in Chicago. If you travel through here during Almost Winter, Winter or Still Winter, being stranded is not unlikely.</p>

<p>I think I might have to get “stuck” in Hawaii!!
(Actually lived there for 7 years)
Roll Tide CC friends!!</p>