Restaurant/Food Suggestion

Hi All, my D and I will be traveling to UA in 2 weeks. I was wondering if you could give us suggestions on a good place to eat for dinner that is iconic or classic to 'Bama! Casual is fine, nothing too fancy.

There are so many…

DePalma’s for Italian
Avenue Pub
Five (love their Sunday brunch)
Chucks Fish
Archibalds for bbq for lunch only
Dreamland for bbq
Jim n Nicks for bbq
Full Moon for bbq (good but more of the fast food bbq)
Rama Jama’s for breakfast or a burger
Mugshots for burgers
Nicks in the Sticks for a good filet and have a Nicedemus to drink, small, get there by 5:00
Cyrpess Inn beautiful view on the river, steaks & fish
Kozy’s
Epiphany for farm to fork, been twice. First time was good, second was not impressed at all
Side by Side, new place at the new Embassy Suites that is ran but UA students. Rave reviews
Evangeline’s

Oh, and Chicken Salad Chick at Midtown for lunch, closed on Sunday’s

There are a ton more places.

Bob’s Victory Grill in Midtown Village
Baumhowers

For breakfast:
Waysider - lots of memorabilia on the walls. TTown institution
City Cafe in Northport. Good breakfasts and lunch meat & 3’s. Closed on Sunday and Monday
Rama Jama’s
Another Broken Egg on the riverwalk. More fancied up breakfasts but still good and a great view

<<< have a Nicedemus to drink <<<<

Warning: They put Barcardi 151 in it and you can’t taste it…until you stand up :wink:

so…don’t be the driver.

Download the 100 Place to Eat in Alabama Before You Die brochure and it includes a few suggestions in Tuscaloosa and Northport:

http://www.ilovealabamafood.com/wp-content/themes/yof/images/pdfs/100Dishes_Brochure2013.pdf

Not iconic Bama restaurants, but certainly two restaurants I wish were down in my city and I highly recommend:

Los Tarascos and Glory Bound Gyros