Results

<p>It is good news that maybe we won’t have to wait until April to find out, but some of this discussion is confusing to me because it sounds a bit different from what we’ve experienced. My son applied to COE by Nov. 1 (we’re OOS, in MD), but did RD not ED, because he didn’t want to be committed to VT even though VT is his first choice school, just in case he got some huge $$ over elsewhere (long shot, but still…). There was a link available on his VT guest account page to apply for Honors, which he did (they told him the deadline for consideration for scholarship $$ was Jan 22, even though the technical deadline for Honors was Feb 3 or something like that). So he had his Honors application in by Jan 22; now if he goes to his portal, he can’t access the Honors application (it says its already been reviewed/scored). He also sent a resume to apply for Davenport scholarship, and they emailed back saying they’d let him know after Feb. 3 if he’s been chosen to complete the rest of the application. His overall portal status still just has him as applying for admission for Fall 2014. I looked over his Honors application before he decided it was final, just to check for blatant errors/etc., and there didn’t seem to be any significant essays – there were several questions he had to answer in like 300 characters or less…</p>

<p>Anybody know if in the past they’ve sent an email advising students to check their portal, or do you just have to keep checking? NC State, UMD, and UDel all sent emails advising when the admissions decisions were available online (all but UDel ahead of schedule…). Since he got into COE at all 3 of these (UMD and UDel both into Honors), and he’s got a double legacy going for him at VT (DH and I both VT COE grads…), he feels really good about getting into VT COE … not sure about Honors, but not stressed about it either.</p>

<p>@ailinsh1 I checked my S account, he still does not have a decision but his honors application also says that it has been reviewed and scored. My S also applied RD on Nov. 3. I guess we just have to keep checking.</p>

<p>My honors application says reviewed and scored as well. Waiting anxiously for my result. Hopefully I don’t have to wait until March 21 (that was the official notification date last year)</p>

<p>Has anyone heard anything? I applied in September and had my Honors application done before January. I also received an NROTC scholarship assigned to Virginia Tech and the Cadets leader said I should hear back by February at the latest. I’ve heard if you have a certain combination of stats they’ll notify you early. I wish the notification timeline was clearer.</p>