Results

<p>Is it true that few people get their results as early as Feb.? I submitted mine on Dec. 15. So, hoping for an early notification (like the past years)</p>

<p>I submitted mines somewhere around the end of November and I just went on today just to see what it would say and it says “Offered Admissions” so I’m not sure if I’m actually accepted or if they’re just joking?</p>

<p>It depends, Community College students hear the first week of Feb if they applied before January 3th at midnight. I applied in early November and they got my transcript in at 01/09/14.</p>

<p>@Priyanka where exactly on the portal do you see that?
@hokie how do you know that early notification is only for community college students?</p>

<p>I went to the fall transfer orientation and they talked about it. This is what an admissions officer sent me via email:</p>

<p>Greetings from VT Admissions!</p>

<p>VCCS applicants who apply by January 3, and have transcripts from ALL colleges attended submitted by midnight January 3, will receive a decision by the first week of February 2014. For transcripts sent via email (<a href=“mailto:transcripts@vt.edu”>transcripts@vt.edu</a>), the subject line must include the Student’s Name and Major. Also, Fall 2013 grades must be included on the VCCS transcript. </p>

<p>Priority Review is not available for the following majors: Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Music. Applications for these majors will be reviewed within the context of the entire applicant pool.</p>

<p>@agg999 I just clicked on Admission Term from the Virginia Tech Guest Access Information Gateway, and I just saw it on my application summary. </p>

<p>Offered Admission
Congratulations!
You may accept our offer of admission by paying the $400 matriculation deposit either online by eCheck or by printing, completing, and mailing a response form with your check or money order as directed below.</p>

<p>^That’s what it says.</p>

<p>@Priyanka That’s cool. That’s definitely not fake. You are not a transfer applicant, right?</p>

<p>@agg999 Oh no I’m an international freshman :)</p>

<p>@Priyanka thanks for posting that info. My S submitted his on November 3 and his file was complete on November 8. We just checked his application status and it hasn’t changed yet. But you give us hope that it may change soon. It would be nice not to have to wait until February or later to know.</p>

<p>My son (not a transfer) found out by mid-January last year… just keep checking you status online. Good luck, he told me over break he hasn’t met a single person who doesn’t LOVE it there!</p>

<p>Did he apply ED and get deferred or RD? In-state or OOS? What major…thanks much</p>

<p>Today I looked on the application summary page and it said “your transfer credit evaluation may be complete.” Right next to the left of that is the hokie bird. Does that mean I am in or probably will be in? I’m a transfer student by the way.</p>

<p>@granipc Thanks for the info. I’ll just keep checking! We visited the campus over the Thanksgiving break and my S loved it. Absolutely beautiful campus. @booboo96 My S applied RD OOS on November 3.</p>

<p>We visited last spring and my Daughter loved it. She applied in December and the thought of not knowing until April is mind numbing!! She also as OOS and in the COE. I check everyday just hoping there will be good news!</p>

<p>I’m very confused…it seems most colleges post decisions on one day for incoming freshman. Does this mean VT does it on a “rolling” basis?</p>

<p>He applied RD, towards the end of the cut-off date… OOS to the COE. As I remember from last year it seems they notify kids who are possible honors candidates as early as mid-January. Seems like the deadline to apply for honors was way before April, so they need to know they’re in VT before they can apply. He did end up applying and getting accepted to both the Honors college and the honors dorm.</p>

<p>My son diid not apply to a specific major…Do you recall if there were two or three dates of decision posting or were different kids hearing every day?</p>

<p>Also…do you recall criteria for honors student? Sorry…this is my first (two more to go) son applying to college! It seems so much more complicated than I did this!</p>

<p>I feel overwhelmed as well. My oldest of 4 has applied to VT and the honors program. She did apply for the COE so we shall see what happens. I know the criteria for Honors is high… if you go to the VT admissions page they give you the specifics there. I thought there was only one date of finding out but from what I’ve read, kids last year heard at different times.</p>

<p>Seems like admissions decisions came out in waves… As for Honors, they definitely do not select based solely on stats. Essays seem to really matter, and maybe the diversity of their interests… They place lots of emphasis on being “interesting” and don’t seem to just want a bunch of brainiacs. Seems like they want to create a mix of honors kids with different backgrounds and experiences. I WILL say, being in engineering at VT and maintaining the required 3.5 GPA for honors while trying to also have an actual life is no easy feat… Hence, there don’t seem to be a large amount of engineering students in honors. They only took about 400 honors freshmen last year, and I think they told us about 1600 applied, so it’s definitely not a given just because the kids have the minimum requirements to apply. GOOD LUCK to all your kids! I was in your shoes last year, and yes, it’s way more involved than when I was applying to colleges!</p>