VT Regular Decision wait until April 1 or sooner?

On website says April 1 Notification Date, but does VT let students know all on that one day or will they come trickling in beforehand?

Previous years there was a round, primarily OOS 1st choice majors, in February? and the RD decisions were around mid-March. Recommend searching previous threads on this board to see actual dates.

Although past performance is no guarantee, they have released resulted sooner in the past. Last year they released on two date - February 20th and March 17th. Good Luck!

thank you!

I think some of the decisions might be earlier, I got in a few days ago

@dr88888888 how did you get in a couple days ago? There wasn’t a post by VT or an announcement?

@Kpanther I just received an e-mail from VT, I wasn’t expecting a decision until March, I don’t know if it is because I am an international applicant

@dr88888888 oh ok, what major did you apply for? I’m just hoping I can find out from them soon

I applied for general engineering

In the past, they did notify some international students earlier. I imagine there is additional planning, etc. that needs to occur for those students. That is not to say that there were no acceptances of international students at a later date too. Hang in there.

Someone chance me!
White Female In-State but NOT from NOVA
3.7 GPA
1060 SAT (I know it’s low)
Legacy
100+ service hours
Cheerleading all 4 years of highschool
Clean disciplinary record
I applied to Criminology, hoping sense it’s not one of the more popular majors I’ll have a better chance with my SAT score:/ thank you!!

The past two years Virginia Tech has said that the February round of application notices were into the students first choice major, so if you only had to choose one major (less important major) does this include you too or do they not announce those until March ?

3/15