Reviewing Application...

<p>Hey-
Does anyone know how long it generally takes for Madison to say that your app is complete? I submitted it almost two weeks ago and my school and ACT sent their portions the same time I submitted my app. When should I expect my app status to change on MyUW and how long for a decision after that since it's so early in the game.</p>

<p>THanks</p>

<p>Probably some time (6-8 weeks) for a decision.</p>

<p>My kid submitted the application online September 1st (the ACT was transmitted earlier, in summer), and the H.S. school sent in the transcript and counselor form September 2nd. Two teacher recommendations were mailed separately, also in early September, so I believe everything was complete by September 15th. I think that it was by September 22nd that the status on My UW changed to this: "Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status." Before that it said something about we are checking to make sure everything is complete. </p>

<p>I personally asked the admissions counselor in early September how long for a decision on a complete application submitted by September 15, I think he said by about mid-November, so 8 weeks.</p>

<p>For me, my application took 15 days to be fully processed with a transcript mailed OOS. My application entered the reviewing stage yesterday so I guess I should hear in November?</p>

<p>While the admissions counselor told me 'November', when he addressed the large audience he explained that while it is still rolling admissions, there are now 2 notification periods so that applicants don't have to get nervous and check the mail every day, worrying. He explained that if you apply by November 15th, you will receive an admissions decision by January 15th, and if you apply after November 15th, you will receive an admissions decision by March 15th. THAT was when I asked him about applying in early September and having to wait until January 15th to hear. His personal response to me was we should receive notification possibly sometime in November.</p>

<p>Best wishes to you, sinkman55.</p>