Ridgecrest South Opinions?

My granddaughter is thinking about living in Ridgecrest South for her freshmen year… Are there any current students or parents who can give an opinion as to what it is like?

Thank you!!

It is a great set up in a great location. If she has a car, the parking garage is right below the building. It is a larger dorm and there are two sections-Ridgecrest South south and Ridgecrest South North. This can be very confusing when signing up,for housing but they are basically the same building. My DD had many friends in RCS and spent lots of social time there. She said it is a great choice.

My DD lived across the street in Ridgecrest East with a lake view. It is a much smaller building with only three floors. She didn’t have to worry if the elevators were in use to get to her top floor suite (so she didn’t have noise from those living above her). There were less fire alarms, less noise, and no noise from the basketball court in the center courtyard of RCS. Same basic location on campus and suites were laid out a bit differently with a slightly larger common area. She loved RCE and would have been happy staying. She ended up in an apartment with very similar features - top floor of three floors, central location within walking distance, smaller complex where she know her neighbors.

As mentioned above, the North tower of RCS has a basketball court in the courtyard and can be very noisy as kids play all night. She might want to consider the South tower.

If for some reason she doesn’t get placed where she’d hoped, she should be able to put in right away online for a room reassignment. If there’s no movement after a few weeks, pick up the phone and call.