RLC Theme housing questions

<p>Could anyone give me any insight on participating in RLC as well as answer how difficult it is to get in? How are the classes, dorms, people, etc. Thanks!</p>

<p>I participated in the RLC this year as a freshman and will be returning next year as one of the 13 peer leaders in the community. I can’t speak for the application process other than put in your best effort on the application.</p>

<p>Classes: If you attend and participate you are going to learn some valuable stuff and get a good grade without much difficulty. There was never any point where I had to worry about the leadership classes hurting my grades or taking up too much time, and most of the classes are either in the building that you live in or right across from it.</p>

<p>Dorms: Peddrew-Yates Hall (Everyone calls it PY) is a newer, suite style dorm. With the exception of maybe 3 suites, there are 3 rooms (2 residents per room) surrounding a common room with a bathroom. There is air conditioning and it is carpeted. The rooms are large and many have “walk in” closets. Pretty much the nicest dorms a freshman can live in, except maybe West Ambler Johnston which is traditional style rooms that will be re-opening after renovation this fall.</p>

<p>People: The big thing here is that it is a living learning COMMUNITY. Being part of a community means that you will meet so many people doing the same things as you. Many of the members got extremely involved on campus (club founders, presidents, etc.), so if you want to be involved this is probably the place to be. You also have suite style living, which for me was an AMAZING experience. Instead of having just one roommate, you pretty much have five. My suite did so much stuff together and got along great, with the common room really helping out with that.</p>

<p>If you have any other questions feel free to ask.</p>