Roll Call! Accepted Students for Fall 2013! Post here! :)

<p>Congratulations on your acceptances and welcome to the Bama Family!!</p>

<p>Please post your acceptances here and include (at least) the following info about yourself:</p>

<p>Gender:</p>

<p>Home State:</p>

<p>Intended Major:</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc)</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests:</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Gender: F</p>

<p>I will post for D’13, I am reluctant to share CB</p>

<p>Home State:FL</p>

<p>Intended Major:Marine Science/BIO</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc) pre-Law</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Soccer, photography, Reading, Volunteering</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? Yes twice. Spring and Summer 2012</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc</p>

<p>Honor college and she will study abroad.</p>

<p>Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State: St.Louis , Missouri</p>

<p>Intended Major: Double majoring in Economics and Public Relations</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc) – Pre Law</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Swimming, Football, Reading, Music</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? – Yes, I visited in June and I LOVED it !</p>

<p>I’ll fill this out for DD2 -</p>

<p>Home State: Wisconsin, half way between Madison and Milwaukee</p>

<p>Intended Major: Engineering, probably Chemical</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Tennis, Running, Art & Fashion, Music, Travel, Cooking, Outdoors & the Environment, Packers & Brewers</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? Yes, twice. Once in April and again in July. Impressed both times</p>

<p>Honors College, UFE, study abroad</p>

<p>I will post for my DS '13</p>

<p>Gender: M</p>

<p>Home State: Georgia</p>

<p>Intended Major: Undeclared Engineering (most likely Mechanical)</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Sports, Friends and Church Activities!</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? His sister is a junior at Bama so has visited multiple times, but has his own personal visit Aug. 2012 with Engineering and Honors College.</p>

<p>Honors College </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>I will post for D '13</p>

<p>Home State: VA (Northern - Fairfax County)</p>

<p>Intended Major: Psychology</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc)</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Karate, reading, SCUBA</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? Not yet, planned visit in early November.</p>

<p>Honors College, try for UFE, hoping for NMSF and NMF, study abroad</p>

<p>Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Iowa</p>

<p>Intended Major: Aerospace Engineering</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Hope to be part of MDB (play trumpet)</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?</p>

<p>i visited in mid-July and LOVED it!!!</p>

<p>Home State: Georgia</p>

<p>Intended Major: Undecided Engineering
Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc)</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Marching Band/Orchestra - Spanish Language/Culture</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? Yes</p>

<p>If so, when did you visit? Early July</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include:</p>

<p>Anticipate Honors College and Engineering scholarship. Will be applying for CBH - a reach, but possible.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Home State: California, about two hours south of San Francisco. Foggy and cold - Bama will be a huge shock!</p>

<p>Intended Major: Theatre - Design/Tech track</p>

<p>No pre-professional track </p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Tech theatre, Photography, Reading (especially all things Shakespeare), Politics </p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? Nope! Will visit from September 19-23. </p>

<p>I’ll most likely be applying for the Honors College. Can’t wait to see Bama!</p>

<p>For my DS:</p>

<p>Home State: PA, outside Philly</p>

<p>Intended Major: Computer Science, possibly interested in STEM MBA program</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: tennis, chess, roller hockey, German</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? Yes, April 2012, absolutely loved it!</p>

<p>Will be in Honors college, probable NMF, applying to CBH</p>

<p>Home State: California</p>

<p>Intended Major: History (possibly double majoring, with the other being Political Science or Journalism)</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Writing, reading, friends, basketball, softball, video games, the internet, Spanish language</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?
I visited in March and absolutely loved it!</p>

<p>I qualify for the Presidential Scholarship, and I want to be in the Honors College!</p>

<p>Posting for S</p>

<p>Gender: M</p>

<p>Home State: Tennessee</p>

<p>Intended Major: Undecided - something in STEM areas</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: Pre-Law maybe</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Theater, Gaming</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so? Planning to visit next week.</p>

<p>Also, include anything else you’d like to include, such as scholarship awards, interest in the Honors College, interest in BUI, CBH, UFE, etc: Eagle Scout - hoping for Honor College - qualifies for Presidential Scholarship.</p>

<p>If any of you are planning a visit to Bama, be sure to go online and schedule your campus tour. *Spaces are limited to the number of seats on the bus, so they don’t squeeze extra people in. * So, don’t wait…reserve your tour spot.</p>

<p>If you’re applying to the Honors College (minimum stats required: *1250 M+CR SAT or 28 ACT and 3.3 GPA), then also do this…</p>

<p>Send an email to the Honors College - addresses below.</p>

<p>In the email include:</p>

<p>Student’s name and contact info</p>

<p>Date and time of the Campus tour that you’ve reserved.</p>

<p>GPA and test scores (include likely NMSF if applicable)</p>

<p>Likely majors*</p>

<p>Career interests (including med, law, etc)</p>

<p>Anything particular that you want to see. *For example: * If you have an interest in seeing the new Science and Engineering Complex or any other building or dept, let them know.</p>

<p>Honors Recruitment
Allison Verhine
Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Susan Alley
Assistant Coordinator
270 Nott Hall
205-348-5599
<a href=“mailto:susan.alley@ua.edu”>susan.alley@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Allison and her assistant will arrange the rest of the day…meeting with dept major faculty, honors people, touring honors dorms, etc.</p>

<p>Sometimes mail goes to their SPAM folders, so call them if you haven’t heard back within a few business days. These ladies do an excellent job and work very hard</p>

<p>I will post for my DD:</p>

<p>Home State : Illinois (Northwest Suburban Chicago)</p>

<p>Intended Major: Exercise Science/Kinesiology </p>

<p>Professional Track: Pre-Med Track</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Cheerleading, Sports, Church Youth Group, Mission Trips and Friends</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama?: Yes, twice. First for University Days in February. We had a great visit, but had to leave early to catch our flights back to Chicago. We then had a follow-up Honors College visit in April. Allison arranged a great day for us - if you qualify for honors, definitely take advantage of a personalized visit. </p>

<p>Anything else: She has fantastic stats and qualifies for the Presidential Scholarship and will be applying for the Honors College. She is still undecided about applying for UFE. Since she is pre-med, she doesn’t want to overcommit as she is also interested in exploring greek life. </p>

<p>Bama is her #1 at this point and we will be submitting a deposit so that we can obtain early choice for housing. She is applying to several elite schools, but I think it is driven more out of wanting to know if should can get in to these schools, rather than a burning desire to attend. Even though Bama’s reputation is growing in Illinois, some people still look at you like your skin is green when you say DD’s #1 choice is Alabama. (They obviously haven’t been on CC!)</p>

<p>I will post for my DS:</p>

<p>Home State : Missouri - near KC</p>

<p>Intended Major: Computer Science</p>

<p>Professional Track: None</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Girls, Comics/gaming, Girls, Mixed Martial Arts, girls</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama?: Yes, we were the infamous ER visitors. S had a great time hanging out with some of the guys while I was at the hospital. Everyone was extremely kind and friendly. Made quite an impression on him. </p>

<p>Anything else: S will be in the Honors program. Not sure if he will apply for the CBHP - it requires an ADDITIONAL essay.</p>

<p>We’ve already paid the deposit and I have October 9th on my calender to pay the housing deposit on the 10th.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Since your son’s hobbies are ____ Girls ______ Girls_______Girls, etc, then he’s going to LOVE Bama. I’ve never seen so many pretty girls on one campus in my entire life.</p>

<p>Home State: New Jersey</p>

<p>Intended Major: Political Science</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: football, track, politics, church activities</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama? No, but I have a trip planned for late November.</p>

<p>Anything else? I qualify for the collegiate scholarship and, like many others, I plan on rushing next fall.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>M2CK - LOL!!! I know. I think he was secretly not so upset when I had to spend the day in the ER and he had to spend the day on campus! Our two tour guides were adorable!</p>

<p>Home State: Texas</p>

<p>Intended Major: Engineering (undecided)</p>

<p>Professional tracks, if applicable: (such pre-Medical, pre-Dental, pre-Vet, pre-Law, PT, OT, etc) NA</p>

<p>Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Crew, Reading</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama yet? If so, when did you visit? If not, will you do so?
Yes - attended the July Student Intro To Engineering camp. She thought it was great.</p>

<p>It’s exciting seeing all these great students considering and committing to UA! My son received UA acceptance letters yesterday and we were wondering how important it is to send in the $250 housing and $200 fee now, early. Obviously he is applying to other schools and those monies are non-refundable. But, we also know UA is at the top of his list and don’t want to risk not getting housing. He qualifies for Honors and found out today he is NMSF in Florida.</p>