Roommates wanted - shameless plug for my son

<p>Any guys out there still looking for roommates? My son will be in Honors. Here’s a bit about him:</p>

<p>** Catholic (but very ecumenical). Plans to get involved with the Catholic student group at St. Francis.
** Will major in History and minor in Classics, but has a wide range of interests.
** Plays the keyboard and loves music. Very eclectic musical tastes: classic rock, indie rock, traditional folk, '60s folk, Celtic music, bluegrass, old-timey blues & gospel, shape-note (Sacred Harp). (I took this straight from one of his college-app essays, so I know it’s accurate, LOL.)
** Turns into a rabid political junkie when there’s a general election coming up.
** Very friendly and gregarious. Likes people.
** Will talk your ear off if you let him, so don’t let him. (He’s not as talkative with his peers as he is with his family, so this should not be a problem.)
** Not a neat freak, but not a slob either.</p>

<p>I think he’s a great kid, but obviously I’m biased. :D</p>

<p>Son’s room-pick date is tomorrow (3/24). Pls PM me if interested. If you already have an honors room and would like to pull someone in, we’re definitely interested. THANKS!</p>

<p>revise to say “if you already ARE A FRESHMAN and have an honors room…” as they are the only ones eligible to pull into a room at this point!</p>

<p>Thanks, AL – yes, that proviso should be added. (Too late to revise now; system won’t let me.)</p>

<p>LadyD…I just sent a PM to a nice young man who might have space in his suite. We’ll see!</p>

<p>:) let us know!
this board won’t settle down until all our incoming have their rooms…
RTR</p>

<p>mom2collegekids–you rock!! Thanks!</p>

<p>AL34–LOL! But who wants to settle down? :D</p>

<p>oh I’m not worried about you incoming parents -
next it will be "what to bring to Bama Bound, followed shortly thereafter about “Decorating the Room,” “My DS won’t contact his roommates,” “What to pack for Bama,” “Move-In Day, Do they have carts?” and finally “My kids are gone what do i do now?”</p>

<p>Luckily that is followed by threads on football, christmas break transport, new registration and housing, and move-out…</p>

<p>Did he go on the roommate finder application on the Alabama website? My son did and met 3 other guys, one of which pulled him into a room yesterday. Sure eased a lot of my apprehension about him getting a room!</p>

<p>Yes, he did go to the roommate finder–heard from one guy, contacted the guy back, but so far no news…</p>

<p>AL34—LOL!!</p>

<p>Too true, AL34. Shall we just go ahead and start bumping last years’ threads?</p>

<p>Has he used the roommate finder app on Facebook. I’m not sure how it works, but I think you first join the Alabama class of 2015 group first.</p>

<p>LadyDi, lots of musical guys on Riverside West Four. He will fit right in. At least three Catholics that I know of. They walk to Mass together. </p>

<p>Although my son and his buddies are mostly engineering majors, they are mostly musicians and have their instruments with them.</p>

<p>My son is actually thinking of bringing his instrument, which he hasn’t touched in several years, and picking it back up.</p>

<p>I wish I knew of any empty room! I’ll see if there’s anything open. I hadn’t been able to get into housing lately, but maybe since the freshmen are picking, everybody will be able to look?</p>

<p>Well, just checked. I can’t get into housing selection right now. Wishing you lots of luck!</p>

<p>Wow, Montegut—thanks!!</p>

<p>Mom2collegeKids–yep, we’ve tried the FB Class of 2015 page. It’s very girly, LOL – tons of girls (all rushing!), relatively few guys, and very very few Honors guys. But we’ll keep trying! Thanks…</p>

<p>^^^Lady Di, we found that as well. The Facebook group last year had few honors students, mostly Greek intendeds, and those very into sports. Not that that’s a bad thing, but it wasn’t what my son was looking for in a roommate.</p>

<p>Montegut – my son thinks the rushing girls at the FB page are really cute, though, LOL!</p>

<p>^^^Oh, boy, he’s going to love Bama. Plenty of beautiful girls!</p>

<p>Your son probably already knows, but there are at least five different facebook pages for our class, and people use all of them for finding roommates, not just the one officially designated for that purpose. Yes, they are mainly dominated by girls, but there are some guys, and I know that there have been a few honors guys. It may be a long shot for a guy, but it’s worth it to keep trying. I found my roommates through facebook, and it took a while for me to find someone and then for us to fill a room, but it was well worth it as I ended up with three terrific girls!</p>

<p>I can’t think of any guys I know who would be a good match, but I’ll think about it and keep my eyes open. Good luck!</p>

<p>Hi, Regina!! I think he only knows about the “class of 2015” page. What are the names of the others? (URLs would be fantastic. :smiley: :D)</p>

<p>THANK YOU!!</p>

<p>^Room pick tonight - right?! looking forward to seeing how it all turns out :)</p>

<p>[The</a> University of Alabama - Undergraduate Admissions | Facebook](<a href=“Facebook”>The University of Alabama - Undergraduate Admissions)</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama Class of 2015 | Facebook<a href=“this%20is%20probably%20the%20one%20he%20knows”>/url</a></p>

<p>[url=&lt;a href=“Facebook Public Group | Facebook”&gt;Facebook Public Group | Facebook]The</a> University of Alabama Class Of 2015 | Facebook<a href=“this%20one%20is%20fairly%20active%20and%20has%20a%20few%20guys”>/url</a></p>

<p>[url=&lt;a href=“Facebook”&gt;Facebook]University</a> of Alabama Class of 2015 | Facebook](<a href=“Facebook Public Group | Facebook”>Facebook Public Group | Facebook)</p>

<p>The last one is private so I can’t post it, but it’s called Roll Tide of 2015 - it’s small and mostly girls though.</p>

<p>Let me know if those links don’t work! They are all certainly mostly girls, and the guys are mostly the jock type, but it’s probably worth a try! Good luck!</p>