Roommates

<p>Hi! I have recently filled out my housing application and I am now searching for a roommate. I listed that I would like to live in a contemporary residence hall and most of them offer two to four bedrooms. I want to live in a two bedroom dorm room, but there’s a chance I might be placed in a four bedroom room. How many roommates should I request? Should I request three people just in case? Or just one? Also, when should this process be done by? I’m assuming by March, but if there’s an earlier date, please let me know :)</p>

<p>Thank you! </p>

<p>Just an FYI, the cost of a two bedroom suite is higher than that of a four bedroom suite. Check the pricing on the housing site.</p>

<p>I’m aware! :slight_smile: I just want to know how many roommates to request just in case I’m placed in a four bedroom room. </p>

<p>I think the real question you need the answer for is how many two bedroom suites are likely to be available to a freshman with your housing selection time. If the answer is few or none, then by choosing only one roommate you run the very real risk of ending up in a 4 bedroom suite with your roommate and two strangers. When my daughter participated in housing selection as a freshman, I don’t recall seeing any available 2 bedroom suites (caveat: we weren’t particularly looking for them and we were only looking at honors housing). If you determine there won’t be any or many 2 bedroom suites to choose from, your best bet might be to look for 3 compatible roommates and just give up on the 2 bedroom suite idea. It only takes 1 bad roommate to make life miserable, so ideally if you’re going to go through the trouble of vetting one roommate, you might as well know something about all of them. I would call or e-mail housing and ask how many 2 bedroom suites there are and how many have historically been available when freshman housing selection begins. </p>