RUE Program Brown University Fall 2023

Was your financial aid package generous?

I think it’s one-third of the tuition.

Today I wrote Brown about the release admission date and they wrote me back saying they are unable to tell me the date. Just to expect an email that will redirect me to my student portal to check on the update. No date given.

1 Like

Feeling a little better than last week; it sounds like at least they have determined a date.

Hopefully this week.

1 Like

Yea, I hope so. If you don’t mind, can I ask how many offers you have now and which is your top choice?

I just got admission to Columbia GS. I am waiting on their financial offer to decide if I go there or not.
I am waiting on Brown to know if I was accepted or not.

The other ones: Princeton, Yale, REAL Program from Tufts University rejected me.

EWSP also rejected me lol. Waiting for Brown is really torturous.

It seems like this year the decisions are coming out especially late. I wonder if that’s due to the separation of vets from normal rue

Or too many applications received this year they are working full time with not enough people reading and reviewing them all within the normal review frame. Who knows? The anxiety is real.

Yeah it’s pretty nerve wracking. I successfully wasn’t bothered about it at all until literally today lol, now it feels too real. What did you apply for?

You mean the mayor?
In all honesty I don’t remember.
I think there were 3. I think I put Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Religious Studies.
With so many mayors to choose from I don’t even know what I want to study now.

What about you?

• The good thing about Brown is that you receive the admission letter and the financial aid letter at the same time. You don’t need to wait as the other programs to receive the financial aid letter.

Mechanical engineering with a focus in biomechanics

Maybe it is due to Brown stopping the alumni interview this year, so they cannot process those applications as usual.

I would doubt it, it should be less work if anything. Plus those really weren’t about admission afaik.

I got into Columbia as well but my financial aid wasn’t enough. If you go there, do you know how you would pay for the tuition and other expenses? Loan?

I might go for a loan, but it’s really a lot because GS said it takes 84,000$ for a year of living expenses plus tuition. So I’m really hoping Brown will release a decision soon.

Yeah that’s a total scam. No way a Colombia degree is worth that much compared to other cheaper schools.

GS also has core requirements (arts, music, etc.), meaning we have to graduate 2 and a half or 3 years later.

Apparently decisions will be released “early next week”. I saw this from someone on discord who called today.

1 Like