San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thanks to this thread as we missed the email from SDSU on 1/25 at 3pm, notifying that decision is available. There is a cute personalized video link in that email. The decision is also in portal when we checked last weekend. Son received another email today 1/31 at noon-ish that has more details, including the invitation to apply to honor college by 2/28 and admit student day etc.

CA resident, northern Cal
GPA: 3.95 UW, CSU calculated 4.33, school has no AP, 5 honors 10-11th grade, 4 more senior year
Applied for Mechanical Engineering and accepted as pre-major: Mechanical Engineering.
Application was submitted on 11/27

We will study the requirements for formally declaring into ME. Does anyone know how hard it is to meet the requirement for those courses? If one doesn’t make the minimum grades, what happens, redo until the grades are good enough or have to declare into a different major?

The mechanical engineering major is an impacted program. To be admitted to the mechanical engineering major, students must meet the following criteria:

1. Complete with a grade of C (2.0) or better: M E 200 [or A E 200]; CHEM 202 (or CHEM 200); MATH 150, MATH 151; PHYS 195, PHYS 196. These courses cannot be taken for credit/no credit (Cr/NC);
  2. Have an overall cumulative GPA of 2.7.

To complete the major, students must fulfill the degree requirements for the major described in the catalog in effect at the time they are accepted into the pre-major at SDSU (assuming continuous enrollment).

@tboooe Me too lol. Definitely more stressful the second time.

1 Like

Does SDSU mail out an official on paper acceptance with little merch?

Daughter was accepted but have not received anything in the mail from SDSU yet.

2 Likes

Decision: Accepted 1/24
GPA 4.9 (max capped 4.4) #2 in her class of 400
7 AP, 2 in progress + 1 DE
Intended Major: Environmental science
Local San Diego area
Honors College Invite: No - very disappointed!

Any other very high stats kids not get an honors college invite? My kid was really hoping for it. Will be applying anyway. Still undecided where to go, planning on waiting for all acceptances in March before deciding.

If I recall correctly from when my daughter got the December early admit a few years ago - there was not a separate honors college invitation. It was in the video that was part of the acceptance email. Maybe different now?

Just wait, my son was accepted one week ago Aerospace Engineering, honors invite received yesterday.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for the reply. We’ll keep an eye out.

SDSU has not sent out an acceptance package in many years. You may receive some general information once you accept admission and enroll but no swag that I am aware.

When you and others are mentioning getting an “honors invite,” what form is that coming in? A specific email just about the Honors program and applying? Our accepted daughter hasn’t gotten anything like that, but she did get a broad email about deadlines and things in general about SDSU that included a mention of Weber and the deadline to apply. I think she will apply regardless of whether or not an invite ever comes.

2 Likes

You do not need to be invited to apply for Webers honor College at SDSU. It is an open application to anyone.

My daughter got an email that encouraged her to apply and sent a link.

1 Like

Anyone can apply to Webers Honors College~ apply! My D is very happy she did and has enjoyed her classes.

3 Likes

Daughter who was admitted 2 weeks ago finally did get that email invitation yesterday. I think she probably will apply—she’s just so burned out from writing essays, but it definitely sounds worth it to try.

1 Like

Any new updates?

2 Likes

My son was accepted on Jan 25th for aero engineering. The Webers Honor invite email just came today. Has she checked her email today? Although as mentioned in the thread, you don’t need an invite to apply.

Just adding a data point. My daughter get the acceptance email yesterday 2/20. OOS, Psychology. We are very excited, it was her first choice and a bit of a reach.

5 Likes

S23, OOS, also got in on the 20th—social sciences. Surprising time to hear, and of course great news!

4 Likes

My son also got an acceptance on the 20th! Pleasant surprise! OOS from the east coast. Business.

3 Likes