San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Dare we in-staters get our hopes up for any news today? It seems so early! Congrats to everyone accepted so far and good luck to everyone else!

4 Likes

My daughter got accepted on Jan 24. Out of State from Arizona.

2 Likes

The last few years, some OOS early admit applicants have heard later than the normal early admits since it takes longer to articulate some OOS courses to confirm eligibility. So you will see some admits trickling out throughout Jan/Feb before the large admit wave in March but you never know with CSU’s so it could be a precursor to regular admits coming sooner than March.

3 Likes

Awww man - I knew Gumbymom was going to have a logical response to this :wink:

5 Likes

Daughter was accepted the other day-OOS (NJ).

3 Likes

In state, non local.

We are still waiting. For San Diego state, what major are hardest to get into?

Seeming like, business and biology are harder than engineering. Am I right?

You can probably find what you want on this page.
Detailed #apps/#admits/#enrolled, by college and major.
You can also see trends by looking at previous years.

https://asir.sdsu.edu/admission-data/applications-by-major/

4 Likes

Nursing is the hardest major with around a 5% admit rate. Biology, Business, Psychology, Undeclared and Computer science are the most popular majors based on applications but admit rates are not anywhere as low as Nursing. What the applications/admits/enrolled data does not show is the GPA admit range for each major which would then determine their competitiveness.

5 Likes

Hey guys can you please help me. I am a international student after receiving my SDSU portal, I am not able to find any document upload option in the to do list so that should I do now

So you have been admitted? If so, did you accept your offer of admission and submit your $400 deposit? Which documents are you wanting to upload?

the high school transpricts

1 Like

Are the HS transcripts on your do list? Normally you do not upload your HS transcripts but your HS sends sealed copies to admissions or your counselor sends them electronically through Naviance, Parchment, SCOIR. If you have any issues then contact admissions.

If your school does not send electronic transcripts, then they can mail the official transcript to:
Office of Admissions
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7455
To be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly from your school to SDSU.

https://admissions.sdsu.edu/contact/international

3 Likes

Has anyone heard back with nursing major yet?

Expect to hear in March with the rest of the decisions.

2 Likes

Do they usually send out acceptances first, or all decisions at once?

Rolling acceptances followed by waitlist and denials. Every year is slightly different. Here is the 2022 decision date timeline:

Regular admission trickle starting March 8, 2022 followed by a larger admit wave on March 11. Some Waitlisted and Denials starting March 17.

1 Like

Hi! That is great info. Do you happen to know what the timeline was the year before?

For Regular decisions Fall 2021, acceptances started first with Nursing March 8, 2021 then a wave of admits March 11. Waitlist and Denials started March 15,2021.

1 Like

No and we heard nursing is never before March?

@Gumbymom
I think you said your older one went to UC Davis and younger one to San Diego State. It looks like that’s going to be me too.:joy: I’m a nervous wreck again. I was worried about Davis being far away, but it has worked out great. Now I’m worried about safety etc at SDSU. Mine is introverted so not sure how it’s going to go. Any advice would be helpful.:pray:t2: