San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Can you please explain your worry about safety? Thanks!

Safety is just common sense when you are in any city. My son did not have any issues nor my niece whom just graduated last year. There are blue light security stations throughout campus, you do not walk alone at night and you stay aware of your surroundings. Both my son and niece stated they felt safe in and around campus.

When my husband and I visited the campus many times, there were always students around the campus and immediate area day and night.

SDSU has a large student population and everyone can find their tribe. Having the 2 year housing requirement facilitates a greater chance that your student will find like minded friends while living on-campus. It can take time but I am sure your introvert will be fine. The Living Learning communities are good options for students with similar interests.

https://newscenter.sdsu.edu/student_affairs/safety.aspx

3 Likes

Decision: Accepted
GPA UW 3.7 W 3.9
2 AP, 3 DE (sorry canā€™t remember # a-g courses)
Major: Film
Out of State: Montana

My son received the notification via email on Jan 28.

Other acceptances: CSUN, Chico State
Waitlisted: Long Beach State

2 Likes

Good advice on safetyā€¦ gotta practice it in any cityā€¦ on campus or off. I got the impression that SDSU was a safe environment during our visit, but always better to be safe than sorry. I had a roommate get robbed and beaten up a bit on the way to a final exam yrs ago on SJSU campus. 6ft male, avg build, San Joseā€¦ one of the safest cities in CA at the time. Walking alone at night is not a good idea in any city really.

1 Like

As an alum from the early 90s, I think the biggest danger for students was going into Mexico to drink. Just donā€™t do it. Tijuana is not safe, certainly not late and night while drinking.

3 Likes

Do kids still do that? My husband and I also went to SDSU and met in Tijuana (in 1988!) - I didnā€™t think it was a thing now.

I donā€™t think college kids have stopped binge drinking since we were there. :joy: The lure of a younger drinking age 30 minutes away is hard to resist.

Is there a fall 2023 transfer thread yet? I cant find it

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the advice.:pray:t2:

Here you go and anyone is welcome to start a new discussion thread: San Diego State Fall 2023 Transfer Thread

1 Like

When do the rest of the decisions usually come out?

1 Like

??? Here is the timeline for last year. It will happen when it happensā€¦.
Regular admission trickle starting March 8, 2022 followed by a larger admit wave on March 11. Some Waitlisted and Denials starting March 17.

Yes my sons friend was admitted January 25th to the nursing program

My sons friend was admitted January 25th to the nursing program

Yes this is absolutely correct for 2022. We are in-state, and my D22 was admitted Friday, 3/11/22 at 5:03pm :heart_eyes:

She was waitlisted to SLO (dream school*), and accepted to SDSU. She is a freshman now at SDSU and LOVES it!

In the end, everything truly happens as itā€™s meant to be. She believes SDSU is the best fit for her after all, and canā€™t imagine being anywhere else!!! :smiling_face:

Good Luck to all! My S23 is waiting for his admission decision to SDSU for Fall 2023. My anxiety is back all over again, but I am thinking admission decisions will be released the 2nd Friday of March this year?!?

5 Likes

Lots and lots of kiddos out there who have applied to SLO and SDSU and hoping for one of them. My older two got in to both and chose SLO and have loved it. My now senior is hoping for SLO but would be thrilled with SDSU. His stats arenā€™t as high as his two older siblings so this mama is stressed! My guess is SLO will come out next Thursday and SDSU the next day. I have nothing to base that on other than a hunch!

3 Likes

In the same boat! Good luck!

2 Likes

Glad to hear she loves SDSU. Itā€™s so stressful trying to figure this all out.

2 Likes

I have a 4th year at SLO and it was an awesome experience. My daughter was waitlisted and ended up going to SDSU. Blessing in disguise as SDSU is a great fit for her (undeclared major option and then declared a year later). Sheā€™s in her 2nd year and thriving and loving every minute of it! Both schools great options!

3 Likes

Word of advice. Donā€™t assume a denial until youā€™re notified. All of my DD friends received admittances and denials as indicated in above dates in 2021 and no word for my DD. She didnā€™t reach out to the school as it states all notices by 4/1 donā€™t ask prior to. Luckily, she got an acceptance on March 31st (the last day) and we were thinking it would only be a denial by that time. Sheā€™s in her 2nd year at SDSU and loving it.

9 Likes